Notices

Day 3 sober

Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 sober

So far so good, still have that obcession I can feel myself shaking almost but have not give in. Not having alcohol around helps too.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day three was always hard for me, too. I tried to think of that first drink and where it'll lead me and the misery it'll bring.
It's not easy, but so worth it.

Hang in there.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

NO it is not easy. at this point in time it is hard not to think about having a drink. how relaxing it can be. But the pain of all the trouble it causes is defiantly not worth it. Still it is hard to not want to drink even tho i know how much pain and misery it will cause me and my family. Does that make any sense????
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, krazy! It's a tough road but so worth it. If it was easy to quit drinking, none of us would be here. Take super good care of yourself, eat nourishing food and rest up as much as you can. In my first recovery (this is my 2nd) I lay on my sofa and watched every season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer! I was completely addicted to it but it helped me through the early weeks and months by occupying my focus.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days.
The first few days were always tough for me. But where I myself usually failed a lot of times was about a week. I would start thinking,man I got this whipped. I am feeling really great. And then BAM all of a sudden I'm thinking a beer sounds really good,and I was drunk and regretting it before I knew what hit me.
I am not trying to belittle what you are going through right now. I know it's hell. But you also have to do some planning ahead,like Tigerlili said.
I also layed on the couch and rented movies,and went out of the way to avoid anything I thought would trigger me. Of course there are things that have to be done. But limiting the things that peg the (I want to drink)meter sure make it easier. Sobriety HAS to come first.
I also went to AA. Being with people that had or were going through the same thing I was kept me on the right side of the fence.
Hang in there,I wish you the best.
Fred
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I had to turn my obsession to drink into an obsession to be sober. I spent most of that first week hanging out at SR. Tigerlilli and Nevertheless had some good suggestions. The only thing I'd add is to take it a day (or an hour or whatever) at a time and be really patient with yourself.

Congratulations on day 3!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

good news, it gets easier everyday to not drink and then when you feel better you should find a way or ways on staying sober.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Congrats on three day...I know that was a tough one for me, even in detox being monitored and drugged to help the withdrawals (still got the DT's though!). IT does get better...

Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today is day 7. I made 8 days ago a couple of months ago. This time, I feel my mindset has changed. I just lost a not real close friend but a friend never the less to a stupid accident while extremely drunk. He was 54 and a heck of a nice guy. One minute tailgaiting and the next minute, on the ground with a severe head injury and choking. He died 4 days later. Completely senseless loss. I hope, as many have said here, that the desire to drink will diminish over time.