Notices

133 days

Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

133 days

Hi

I am 133 days sober and here are my observations;

-Despite being sober, and not under the influence of alcohol, I generally still find most people annoying / stupid / boring. I suspect this may not me entirely an issue with me.

-I can't cure my addiction; my brief run in with non-alcoholic beer had me completely on autopilot, opening can after can, even though I was not getting drunk, or maintaining a buzz. Horrid time, but I have definitely learned from it.

-I am a LOT healthier, physically.

-I am lonely.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Hi TD. Congrats on 133 days.

I can relate to being lonely. I have no where near the friends I had before. I definately agree on being a lot healthier and yes some people still annoy me!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ah, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I have lost 11kg since quitting and getting into exercise. Amazing what the human body can do.

My mind, on the other hand, is now paying for the crimes I committed whilst abusing alcohol.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on your sober time. After I put down the drink, I had to do some work on myself. After all, I spent nearly 30 years avoiding some of life's hard truths. What I did find was that once my brain got "re-wired' to being sober, the problems I thought were so huge were actually quite managable. Life is far from perfect, but at least being sober has helped me to take action rather than trying to escape through alcohol.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Congrats.
Everyday for me is a learning experience now, so many things in life I just took for granted or ignored. Its gonna be a long time til I piece together my life but I now have all the time in the world to do it, so one thing at a time and stopping drinking was the 1st one! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Congrats on your sober time. And the loneliness is something that certainly comes up for most of us. I was huge isolator, so loneliness was something that came part and parcel with the bottle. It happened even before the bottle, but my alcoholism took it as far as it could. And just because I put down the bottle, didn't mean that all of a sudden my inbox was full of people wanting to hang out. I had to learn to get back out there - for me it was through AA meetings, so at least I had that common thread with others. But if you are willing to take chances and risks out there, and/or repairing old relationships if needed, you will find the loneliness slowly dissipate. It doesn't happen overnight.

All the best