Notices

embarrassed

Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

embarrassed

Hi all, I had quite an embarrassing night last night, and I am starting to think my drinking is becoming an issue. I don't drink all the time, but when I do, I get WASTED and do stupid stuff. I just lost my phone for the second time in a month. I get so drunk that I literally fall down and pass out. Last night my friend and I decided to go back to a bar that I knew my ex was at with his new girlfriend. Anyways, I was falling down drunk and he is trying to help me, which makes his new girlfriend mad. Then today he told me it's embarrassing to him and that one of his friends said "every time I see her she is like that." Then my other friend told me it's scary because I am really helpless. Again, I only go out and party 2-3 times a month, if that, and have a really healthy lifestyle otherwise. On average I get really drunk like that less than once a month. I feel terrible for making an a** of myself and my ex, and realize I may have a problem. The other issue is that I broke up with my ex because of HIS drinking. I feel like a hypocrite and really guilty. Any thoughts???
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Reflections! It's good to have you with us.

I drank that way once. It isn't how often you drink, but what it does to you when you do drink. I wish I'd known that long ago. I saw the warning signs, but didn't pay attention - the way you are. My drinking progressed throughout my life, & in the end I was completely dependent on it.

I hope you'll find the answers and help you're looking for. We're glad you're here.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reflections24 View Post
Hi all, I had quite an embarrassing night last night, and I am starting to think my drinking is becoming an issue. I don't drink all the time, but when I do, I get WASTED and do stupid stuff. I just lost my phone for the second time in a month. I get so drunk that I literally fall down and pass out. Last night my friend and I decided to go back to a bar that I knew my ex was at with his new girlfriend. Anyways, I was falling down drunk and he is trying to help me, which makes his new girlfriend mad. Then today he told me it's embarrassing to him and that one of his friends said "every time I see her she is like that." Then my other friend told me it's scary because I am really helpless. Again, I only go out and party 2-3 times a month, if that, and have a really healthy lifestyle otherwise. On average I get really drunk like that less than once a month. I feel terrible for making an a** of myself and my ex, and realize I may have a problem. The other issue is that I broke up with my ex because of HIS drinking. I feel like a hypocrite and really guilty. Any thoughts???

It sounds like you have a different reaction to alcohol than others.

I had that happen to. I drank way too much.

I had to stop drinking.

I follow the AA program.

There are many ways people have found sobriety here at SR.

I hope you find help here.