Notices

Am I alone?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I alone?

There are times when I grow weary of this world. People are just so bad mannered. And others, like my family are always giving me their opinions on what they think about me/my life/what they think I should be doing. My mother is top of this list. Honestly, she is always criticising, yet she is the last person who should be finding fault with anybody. She is such a nag. Today, it was about my weight. Yes, I have been stressed. Yes I have lost some weight. No, I am not happy about it. I went downstairs in PJ pants and a t-shirt and she began attacking me until I just wanted to cry. I am trying to gain weight back. I eat 3 meals a day and two of those shakes that invalids drink. There are times like today, when I want to hang a "do not disturb" sign on my bedroom door, and lock myself away for an hour or two, to recharge. I didn't sleep well last night, only about 2 hours, and I want to kill someone right now!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i think the only way to deal with people like that is to completely ignore them. here's what i learned a long time ago: when all my kids were young, their stepmom used to try to make me feel inferior. i used to allow her to ruin my entire day...by reliving the conversation we may have had in which she would find fault with my mothering skills, etc. then it occurred to me i was allowing her to have power over me. like she had "won" so to speak. after i figured that out, i wouldn't allow her to bother me anymore. i also wouldn't allow her to make me say things and be a certain way that dishonored me and my integrity which i was trying to display...best wishes and don't let them get to you.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep,I am guilty of letting people "get to me". I really don't know what to do about it either.
I work next to a guy that plays Rap all day. I can't stand Rap. I work on cars and sometimes the stress gets intense without listening to something I can't stand. When you add rap on top of it.......One of these days I'm going over there with my 2 pound hammer and bust his boom box into little pieces.
Then when you stop at the store on the way home,nobody says thank you,or anything anymore. They act like they are doing you a favor by working there.
Or the little kid taking the basketball from the toy department bouncing it up and down the isles. Knocking stuff off the shelves and breaking stuff. Nobody says a word.(whats wrong with mom and dad here) (maybe thats why nobody says thankyou) who knows.
But NO,you aren't alone.
I do know one thing. Drinking won't fix any of it. THAT is the only answer I have.
Fred
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sucks! Did you try telling her or writing a letter that it's stressful enough quitting drinking, and being nice and showing support is whats needed most?