Notices

Seizures

Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with Whiskeyman,

There was zero warning signs for me when I had seizures a few years ago. I was getting a ride home then BOOM I went into this spaz shock. I was driven to the emerge and felt fine (other then being stiff), then I had a few more while in the hospital bed.
I as well as you had no idea about seizures and withdrawal. I do know that my hands were shaky and I felt horrible, but I was use to that.
Yes take the Benzos as directed from your doctor. They prevent seizures. They are very scary and embarrassing. Another thing I do remember is that while I was in the hospital they had to stream Line me with val and benz and blood thinners. It was a horrible experience and I felt like crap for days. All my muscles tensed and I was sore.

And Yes DO NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY. You could die.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've had it happen twice but they were not related to alcohol.

I personally don't see why some people are getting on this person. He simply stated that he is detoxing at home, and inquired about other user's experiences. He doesn't mention anything about him having any related symptoms. He also states that he is willing to go seek medical attention if he starts feeling weird. I feel that people are projecting with his intentions rather than taking it at face value.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I apologize if I come off as lecturing or judgemental. I feel comforatble knowing that i am not trying to be that way.

But if you know there is a "distinct possibility" you could seizure then why play roulette.
if you drank something with a skull and cross bopnes on it and then read the bottle and siad drinking this could cause seizures, would you just wait it out.
maybe you dont go to the hospital but you at least call a dr