Notices

Drank Last night.....

Old 03-23-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drank Last night.....

After not having a drink in 4 days. The wife and I went to Chilli's and I had about 4 beers while I waited for her to arrive. I had picked up a pint of Jack earlier in the day so I could sneak it in the house and get a good buzz going...

Unfortunately I got really buzzed and the wife and I started an argument about my drinking. I told her some horrible things and I wanted her to leave for the night. She didn't thank God.

This morning I apologized and told her it wont happen again.

I feel so horrible for the things I said and for drinking.

I normally don't argue unless I am provoked. She kept asking me how much did I drink and I told her but she wouldn't let off with the questions.

Hopefully we can make it through this and move on to the life we had before I started drinking again.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome John. I think you'll find SR very helpful during this time of change in your life.

Alcohol turned me into a person no one even recognized. At the end of my drinking career I was very confrontational and my emotions were always on edge. I can't say I was ever happy - or having a good time when I reached the end of the road with it. I had to stop or lose everything and everyone around me. I know you can do this, John. You sound motivated.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your wife is over your drinking, if you keep it up she will be over you. Trust me, I have been there.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We are here to listen, that's what's so great about this place.

I hope you can find a way to stop drinking before something really bad happens. And with drinking, something bad will eventually happen. It always gets worse, never better.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

If I drink I lose everything, including myself! Dont wait until its too late and she is out the door for good. Good luck, dont drink, its as easy as you want it to be, all depends on how bad you WANT it though.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome (back) John!

Glad you posted and are making a new start. The support and inspiration here really helped me turn things around.
Keep reading/posting!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So what are you going to do to stop drinking?

Buying a bottle to sneak into the house after you've drank 4 beers in the restaurant doesn't sound like the behavior of someone who's ready to quit. It's pretty premeditated.

I used to love going to a restaurant on Friday with the family after the work week. I used to drink a couple of beers with dinner, in part so that I had beer on my breath. Then when I got home it was pretty easy to sneak a couple of beers since I already smelled like I had been drinking. I was convinced that nobody knew about the pint of vodka I also drank.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Other than the drinking there is the issue of trust. What used to hurt my wife most was not me drinking but the lies, the hiding and the sneaking that went with it. It was plain dishonest, disrespectful and a breach in the foundation of marriage - trust.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

My relationship with alcohol was my main problem. I could not move forward until I got to the point that I understood that.

I wasn't fooling anyone- there are somethings you can't hide