Notices

Anybody get drunk two times in one day?

Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anybody get drunk two times in one day?

I had a habit of getting drunk twice in the same day.
Start in the early morning, get loaded fall asleep then wake up to a half can of beer left over and start in on that.

This required another trip to the store to get more. Half buzzed from the previous time, I'd go and start all over again till nightime when I'd pass out.

Maybe even starting with the dreges of another half empty can to start it all over again.
Sometimes this would go on for three days of continualy being drunk around the clock, unless I was passed out.

Just wondering if I was alone in this.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

every day off, as soon as the wife went to work (we have different schedules) at 7am I would polish of a 12 pack by 9am then sleep till 2. She would get home around 4 and I would be sober and we sit around with a glass of wine or 2. Of course I always had to get something from the car, take out the garbage etc. so that would be another 10 drinks or so.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea,I used to do it in my younger days. Get drunk twice on Saturday,and during football season,I usually did it all over again on Sunday. Couldn't watch football without beer.
So at least 4 times in a weekend.
Made for a Monday morning that would send a normal person to the emergency room. But I always went to work. That is where I drew the line. I somehow had it in my mind if my drinking got to keeping me from going to work I had gone too far. Sheeesh......
I can't put into words how glad I am not to ever have to do that again.

Fred
Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was a real social drinker, eh.
I remember those hangovers Nevertheless, and yep it would send a normal person to the emergency room.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

One of my worse benders was a few months of doing nothing but drinking and blacking out so I don't know how many cycles of that that was in a 24 hour period. I basically sat and read while drinking, come to and start drinking again. I had a huge stack of books. Can't remember if I read them all. Then I went to detox, which was kind of fun. Then on to two six month rehabs. I think I got sober about a year or less later after some more adventures which included stretches of sobriety. Since then (about '04) I've had a one day bust which I got out of quicksmart and joined sr. Since then I've been trying to figure out what the hell all that was really about. Slowly piecing it together. It makes me laugh to think the ingenuity and skill I had in being an alcoholic when all I really wanted to be was the president of the world.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All the time.

Sometimes three times.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep. When I lived on the beach or whenever I take a trip, my buddies and I would drink all day and get exhausted by the sun... and take a long nap and wake up and go out to get drunk all night.

At home, I would sleep late and start drinking a few beers starting at 11 or 12... and no need to take a nap... I would drink all damn day and night until I blackout.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Oh yeah, big time. See, I wasn't in any doubt what my plans for the weekend were so I always made sure I would stock up on Friday night. This would include one bottle of wine, 3 or 4 tall cans of beer and a 26oz of liquor, usually Jack Daniels, but I wasn't picky.

Friday night, I would hit the pub and have between 10-20 drinks. Come home, pass out, wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning and start pounding the hard stuff. Pass out, rinse and repeat until early Sunday morning. Needless to say Sunday's weren't exactly fun, and sometimes I didn't even make it into work on Monday.

As others have said, the difference between my weekends now and then is like night and day.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I'm not sure what is meant by getting drunk twice in one day? When I drank it would be for 2-3 days nonstop. I would use certain drugs to keep me up at night so I would be able to drink more. It was horrible being in the bar at 7AM when it opened stumbling around. I sometimes look back and place blame on the bartender who should not have been serving a patron so obviously drunk.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In the morning I would buy a 6 pack (pint cans), drink them, run to the nearest skip and dump the evidence, than cook some lunch and sleep, my wife would find me sleeping with no cans in the garbage. When I woke up I would go to the store to buy the evenings resources and get drunk for the 2nd time until dinner time. As I finished dinner I would go to he toilet, close the door and vomit. God bless sober days.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sure did. I just got off a five week bender doing just that. With the amount that I would drink I knew I was going to constantly be hung over, and I knew that constantly drinking would keep the hangovers away. lol

I wouldn't recommend it. I'm hoping I've had my last drink. I'm only 21 but during that bender I ran through a snow storm to get a six pack after already having half a 1.75 of vodka, chugged vanilla extract, and even drank a half bottle of Listerine just to keep get more drunk. Not to mention the money I blew threw, relationships I messed up, and the incredible toll it's taken on my mental and physical health.

I stumbled back into the rooms in a daze. I'm less than 24 hours sober and so after a run like that I'm kinda numb, having the hot flashes, and occasional shakes.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I never did that because I hated hangovers. I have drank from 11 am till 2 am the next day though. Like slow drinking a thirty pack. I worked at an American Legion once and on Sundays guys would get there at 8 am and start drinking. They would be there all day and night. I often wondered how much they drank in that time span. It had to be a lot.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm hoping you have had your last drink, too, Rave.
You may want to check with a doctor and get checked out.
Please don't put yourself through the misery I did for thirty years.

I understand running through a snowstorm to get booze. I've done the same thing many times. Booze was more important to me than food.

Welcome to this site, and I hope you keep posting.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I did this all the time. I just called it "life", not "getting drunk two times in one day". On the weekends when I had time to myself I would start as soon as I got up with vodka and OJ or whatever. I'd make calls to family and friends very early in the mornings so that I would not be drunk when speaking with them and they'd think everything was fine. I would drink until noon, pass out on the couch, wake up at 3pm or so and start pounding again until 10pm when I passed out again. Weekend televised sports like baseball, football, basketball: there was always a reason to drink or at least an excuse in my book.

I also somehow never ever drank at work. The withdrawls on Monday mornings were so spectacularly bad that by 10am on Mondays I'd have the shakes and the sweats. When I quit my job I started drinking in the same fashion on week days.

Probably my darkest time - although to me I considered that I was "giving myself a break" and "having fun". The reality was that I was a drunk, living alone, had pushed all my friends out of my life and was jobless.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes, in the worst of my addiction, I stayed drunk. It was awful. It was no party.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow, I can relate to that. The miserable hangovers after the bender. Missing work, laying in bed full of anxiety and fear. I was actualy afraid to stop drinking because I knew what awaited me.
What a horrible way to live.