Notices

I drank tonight

Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I drank tonight

You guys are going to get sooooo tired of me. Story's in the title really.

I was doing alright, I even got through St. Patrick's day sober (although I did smoke some pot). Wasn't sober tonight. Didn't get comatose, had about four shots of brandy. Not sure it matters.

I have no idea why. Had an okay day. Was coming home from work/school. Suddenly decided I would drink tonight. Did some mental back and forth, but I pretty much knew I would. Stopped by the pharmacy to pick up a 4-pack of red bull and two bags of chips (barbecue flavored).

Of course I drank the 4-pack. It's illegal to drink alcohol without something to wake you up. At least it wasn't amphetamines (this time). And of course I ate both bags of chips. It's illegal to drink alcohol without copious amounts of junk food.

I'm not (quite) dumb enough not to realize that I'm addicted. Nor am I (quite) dumb enough not to realize that this will end badly if I keep it up. Just not sure where to go from here.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Forget it, we've all been there. Just don't drink today and take it from there. All the best.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't sure where to go either.

About five years later I crashed and burned health gone, career gone, relationship gone, reputation gone...

There are easier ways tho - I see it here all the time...people accept they have a problem and change their lives accordingly.

I was too proud to do that...and too stupid.

Follow the winners with this one SG.

D
Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Building on what is working and having a way of dealing with what's not grts you there. Only you know, only you can do the work.

Have another go, but learn
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Someguy23 View Post
You guys are going to get sooooo tired of me.
No, not us. But when are you going to get tired of it?

As for your statement, "Just not sure where to go from here." I suspect more of the same cycling between drinking and not drinking until you decide that recovery is different from just trying to quit drinking.

If you are engaged in a solid recovery or relapse prevention program, then feel free to correct me.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As a quick update, I've checked it out and found the uni I'm (sort of) affiliated with offers free counselling services to students and faculty members. I might not be eligible since my position there is iffy until September, but I'll check it out on monday.

In the meantime, I'm doing the right thing for the wrong reason, if no other. I seem to have caught a bit of a cold and my throat is way too sore to drink at the moment.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by doggonecarl
I suspect more of the same cycling between drinking and not drinking
That's a spookily accurate guess... are you a witch?