Notices

I Need Help And Can't Get It...

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taking5 View Post
It seems like everyone here is trying to help, but you reject each and every suggestion. I think you need to pick one of these suggestions, or come up with a plan of action yourself, and go for it. If you fail you are no worse off than you are now. Making excuses/reasons to not try a plan of action to get sober has very predictable results.

By the way NO ONE has a 3% BAC. Death often occurs at .45%, and there has only been 2 or 3 cases in all of medical history of people with a BAC of 1% and lived. You were probably .3%, which is plenty drunk.
Oops, I meant a .3%. Forgot the decimal point.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just updating to let you all know that I finally, finally managed to taper myself down to a safe level, which for me is 5 drinks per 24 hour period. I was up to over 3 bottles of wine or more per 24 hours for a while there, or a 750ml bottle of vodka.

It's a miracle I got here and it took a ton of prayers, mediation, trust and inner (and outer) strength. Each day I'm going down one drink less and anticipate being off within a few more days. I'm taking it slow but steady. One thing that helps is that I keep all stressful situations at bay for now. They've been known to trigger me during times like these back into a binge and I will not let that happen this time. I'll deal with stressful stuff when I'm sober or nearly there.

To DryRoastJim, thank you for those inspiring words. You are right - it is my battle. Conventional methods did not work out this time around (detox, hospital, AA friends, energy healing, etc). I leaned on all of those things too strongly all the other times I've stopped drinking. I have learned a lot through this experience.

I appreciate all of the replies!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that you are tapering down. Now keep at it until you at free from alcohol. Look it doesn't matter to me what method you use to stay off alcohol but you are going to have to make the decision to not put that poison back into your body. There is no value whatsoever in drinking alcohol. Please be careful and keep moving forward. Life is so much better sober.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Glad you are taking steps in the right direction Sobergirl. I'm pulling for you to get back to complete sobriety. Keep in touch here and let us know how you are doing.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Very happy to hear this, sobergirl. I've gotta give you credit, I've never been able to taper. It was drink, go to detox...never a doubt. When you finally get to the point of complete abstinence, please remember this experience. You never have to go through it again.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Just thought I'd update... I couldn't taper myself after all. Had to nearly die in order to get help. I kept trying to find help and nobody would help. So I gave up and took to my bed with two 1.5 liters of vodka. Would sip it, pass out, wake up, sip more, pass out. For days. Couldn't eat, couldn't drink much of anything else because I was so sick. Throwing up acid and other really scary symptoms I won't get into. My sister finally called an ambulance on me when she couldn't get hold of me.

As mentioned, it took me almost dying for anyone to help. (I was in really bad shape by that point). And I had begged for help for months and months - four hospitals in this city in the space of 6 months. Multiple calls to detox centers I couldn't afford. My so-called AA friends completely ignored my pleas for help. And by the way, that last hospital wouldn't detox me either. They only replenished my fluids and stabilized my extreme dehydration and other issues (bleeding ulcer, gastritis, etc). They sent me home with full-blown DT's, like the other hospitals had. (Hallucinations, extreme confusion, shakiness and even partial seizure symptoms. The hospitals here don't give a darn anymore about alcoholics). I had to get Librium from a clinic a few days later and detox at home.

Grateful to be sober now 23 days. I do not plan to ever attend another AA mtg. I tried Celebrate Recovery and it is extremely Christian-based, way too religious and I don't agree with their steps. My only support group at the moment is myself and God and my Unity church friends who stood by me even when I was a mess.

How will I stay sober? I have no idea. Right now, just taking it a day at a time. I'll continue that until it stops working!