Notices

Biopsy and Vicodin prescription...

Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Biopsy and Vicodin prescription...

Hi, I had a biopsy on my inner cheek yesterday and was prescribed vicodin. I did fill the Rx and used 2 for pain relief. Couple problems here, it did not relieve the pain and about 2 hours after second dose I got this feeling of 'crave', not sure what I was craving whether a buzz or another pill. I was reluctant to take any but went against my better judgement and did because I was in pain and Advil was not helping. I threw the other 13 pills in the garbage as I did not like that feeling last night. I did not mention it at AA meeting today because it did not seem necessary since I only took 2 and tossed the rest out, and also did not want to hear what I already know about taking pain pills during recovery. Just wanted to share my experience on trying to ease pain without carefully thinking what outcome may occur flirting with a narcotic with only 27 days off alcohol.

Patrick
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Sometimes we need pain pills so our bodies heal well. Puts us in a bad position.....

Take naproxen sodium (alleve) which is available to all without a prescription and non-narcotic and see if that works. (don't want this to sound like medical advice, it just works a little different than ibuprofen or acetaminophen)
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Today 2 ibuprofen seem to keep the pain at a tolerable level. Zero pain would be bad as I would forget about the stitches and probably pop 1 or 2 eating as if nothing was wrong in my mouth. Some pain is a good reminder to take it slow.