Notices

Fragments: Twelve Steps Origins

Old 05-04-2004, 10:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Me2
Paused

Think of anything but self !!!!!

To me this whole thing smacks of pride....did you know you can be right and still have pride? Pride is putting yourself above others. Its self fulfilling to the core...The whole part of this discussion which is missing is humilty and humility is linked to service...placeing the needs of others above yourself...I have been gulity before. I dont see this as even an honest exchange of ideas,for its filled with petty jabs and insults, people wanting to be right for some morbid justification and approbation lust....it probably is so pitiful to someone coming here to find help. Standing back and just watching for awhile made it so obvious...We all really only have one common denominator...We were overcome by alcohol. If that meant anything at all to us, it should at first mean we need to reach others. How can we reach them ,when not only do we not respect our own individual paths to sobriety,we take some joy in knocking it. Maybe its time to re evaluate where weve come from and look back at others struggeling and imagine what they see when they see this...and that must seem to them something so pitiful....dont you at least feel a little embarrassed...I kinda do.....steve
Old 05-04-2004, 11:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Re: Fragments: Twelve Steps Origins

Unbelievable....The pot just called the kettle black.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Ninerfan
I was reading that as an admission of past guilt and a growth. I may be wrong and blinded by hope but to me it looked like a confession of sorts. Pointing out my errors may help others see their own as well.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Dan

I'll add my voice to yours Best on this. Growth is possible even in the unlikeliest of places. Like those little weeds that grow in the sidewalk cracks.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Me2
Paused

Originally Posted by Ninerfan

Well I am usually right....thats not my fault...but I dont think I should beat people up over it....AA was founded on the Bible...evolution is a myth and the founders of AA had radical conversioins to Jesus Christ...its not my fault its true....and the 12 steps per Bobs own words were right from the Good Book.....steve
Old 05-05-2004, 10:25 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Me2
Well I am usually right....thats not my fault...but I dont think I should beat people up over it....
snip
..its not my fault its true....
snip
Wow! For once I'm speechless.
Don S
Old 05-05-2004, 10:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
I'll add my voice to yours Best on this. Growth is possible even in the unlikeliest of places. Like those little weeds that grow in the sidewalk cracks.
The only difference being that some of those weeds end up growing enough to sprout nasty pollen that triggers allergies. Speechless, Don, does not come close to reflecting how stupid I feel right now! :LMAO
Old 05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Chy

I guess it was to much to hope for, a positive, informative and productive discussion. For those of you that tried, thanks! Since everyone is speechless, we'll stop here.

Last edited by Chy; 05-05-2004 at 11:29 AM.