Notices

Cooking with gasoline

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Absolutely not! In order for you to do this, at some point you have to buy the alcohol! Huge risk right there. I won't even go in a liquor store now, even with friends. It's not a place for me.

I also avoid alcohol in products like mouthwash. I do use hand sanitizer at work, which is ethyl alcohol based, but if I were so desperate to drink I wouldn't choose hand sanitizer, I'd go get some!

But no alcohol in products I'm ingesting, or in the house. It hurt me, I don't want it around!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I do not cook with it. I do not keep it in the house, nor do I wish to.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I poured a bit of beer into a stirfry once and it was delicious. Wouldnt cook with alcohol now but I probably wouldnt refuse a dish just because it had been. Dunno.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No cooking alcohol around here. Mostly because my habit was to add the correct amount of wine, brandy, whatever, to the dish and then swig down whatever was left as I cooked. Fortunately I never ended up with burns or cut myself!

There is no way I trust myself to open any bottle and use the correct amount in the food, and then put the lid back on the bottle.
Autumn is here and I know I will miss being able to cook burgundy beef...thinking about it, I could get my husband to dash into the kitchen at the right moment, slosh in some wine and then run away with the bottle....just kidding. No booze in the house for now.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

While cooking with wine can be viewed as just "enjoying the finer things" and kinda classy, when I'm honest with myself it really doesn't need to be there in order for me to enjoy a meal. Plenty of other options. I choose not to keep alcohol in my house, or eat foods cooked with alcohol. In the grand scheme my taste buds don't notice. I'd keep it out of the house if I were you, just my opinion. Good luck and thx for the topic!