Notices

God Decided to Kick My Ass! Lol

Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

God Decided to Kick My Ass! Lol

I haven't been doing what I'm supposed to for about 3 weeks now and last night I really had a wake up call. I did not drink, thankfully but I had a total mental breakdown just about.

I recently moved (not far only a mile away to a new apartment) and after the move I let myself become lazy and started to avoid meetings and my sponsor, etc. Well last night the building blocks all came tumbling down, I couldn't sleep, I cried myself to sleep eventually only to wake up an hour later because our cat had jumped on me for his breakfast. (LOL)

Anyway I promptly got up at 5 a.m. made myself a cup of coffee, dug out my big book and my 12/12 and set to work.

It is pure truth how quickly we can become restless irritable and discontent if we stop doing what we know we are supposed to be doing!

Just wanted to share that for anyone who is struggling today. Do not give up. Life has a way of kicking you in the butt when you need it.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

So very true. I find that when I start to get away from what I need to do on a daily basis, or in general (meetings, talking to other alcoholics, service, working with others, prayer, meditation, etc)...then I get squirrely. And squirrely is not something we alcoholics do well.

Great reminder - glad you got back on that bike!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Thanks so much for this. Yes, I am struggling today. I started crying and walked out of an A.A. meeting and got chased down the road by another member because I got angry for such a non-reason. So this is just what I needed to read. God has kicked my ass through this post! I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and set to work too.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by Louise82 View Post
Thanks so much for this. Yes, I am struggling today. I started crying and walked out of an A.A. meeting and got chased down the road by another member because I got angry for such a non-reason. So this is just what I needed to read. God has kicked my ass through this post! I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and set to work too.
This made me laugh because I have chased more than one person in a parking lot. Newcomers are a speedy bunch

Enjoy the tea
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

we all have been there....and then there are times we are trying to do the 'right things'..go to meetings, reach out etc...and we get constantly tested in our sobriety. going through this right now, questioning the strength & purpose of my faith & the program. things seem to be closing in on me and i feel very uncomfortable & vulnerable right now for some reason, this is not good. praying for guidance & serenity....hard to find it..
Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Yes, if I don't get up in the morning and pray, my day will go to hell in a handbasket faster than the speed of light. Lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
This made me laugh because I have chased more than one person in a parking lot. Newcomers are a speedy bunch

Enjoy the tea
LOL. I was surprised that my friend was able to catch me up because I was deliberately speed walking. I guess she's had a lot of practice. I feel like I've now passed some kind of rite as a newcomer. Where's my "abruptly leaving a meeting" chip?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello F.F.

God didn't kick your Ass, you just suffered the result of cause & effect. As simple as "I didn't put gas in the car and ran out".

Glad to hear you're back on track.. try to keep the tank more than half full. Life's easier that way.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Hello F.F.

God didn't kick your Ass, you just suffered the result of cause & effect. As simple as "I didn't put gas in the car and ran out".

Glad to hear you're back on track.. try to keep the tank more than half full. Life's easier that way.

All the best.

Bob R
Well it's a good thing he don't charge money like they do for gas or i would be in big trouble!