Notices

Everyone say hello to Don W.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Re: Everyone say hello to Don W.

Don

I just want to jump on here to say hello and that you are missed. I am a techno-idiot so can't help you there my friend, but I know you are here in spirit and hopefully we'll see you soon.

And HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! One year is 365 one day at a times, and you should be proud of your achievements!! I'm proud of you!!

Sending Hugs and Positive Techno Thoughts
Ann
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Don,
Guess the electrons still are playing the nasty game with your comp.
I have a techie friend who suggested re-installing your operating system. That's sounds painful to me!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Chy

Don sent this message to be forwarded on to you all!!! Amazing what we do to stay connected!

From Don:

Hi Everyone, I started to get a little fustrated so I didn't log on for a few days. Well ! Was I surprise when I saw the say Hi, to Don Thread. I am really moved by your caring and sharing. A few of you mentioned computer security. The computer I use is at work. They have been working on it because they have had alot of problems with worms and virius. Also, I am going through MSN. Someone suggested that I try another site. I am also going to try a computer outside the hospital. Anyway, I am excited about May 14th, being my first year. I was in such a fog when I was drinking that remembering bithdays etc. were at the bottom of my list. Sadly, this included my mother. I could never remember which day in May it was. My sister called the other day to let me know about the 90th birthday party for my mother. I told her that I also had a celibration of one year coming up on May 14th. She said,
" Don, May 14th is Mom's birthday". Talk about the Twilite Zone. Anyway, thought you'd enjoy this story of God helping me to remember my mother's birthday. My mother feels it is the best present I could have given her. I am also going to use this as a reminder, if I think about drinking. Again, you guys are all wonderful and I'll be thinking and praying for you at my Mom's party. Don W
Old 05-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dan

Thanks for that Don. And for the big ol' lump in my throat.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations Don!!! One year is truly amazing.

Kathi
Old 05-06-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello Don W. Our God is a powerful God. Pass the tissue please.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Don,

you rock! hope you get the puter fixed. i admire you for staying sober even with not being able to get on here! i come on here every day and could not imagine missing a day or a week! have a great day, and im praying for ya. congrats on your almost year! getting real close, that is too cool!

hugs and prayers,

dot
Old 05-06-2004, 01:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Yaaaaaaaaay don! I'll be waiting to see you on the boards again!
Old 05-07-2004, 07:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats again Don! A year sober is a wonderful gift for both you and your Mother. And how convenient your Sobriety date is also her birthday!
Hope you get that computer thing fixed... Awesome job "hitching a ride" with Chy, lol!
-Josh
Old 05-07-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Don and congratulations on your up coming year sober

Don, how beautiful that you and your mom get to celebrate your birthdays together, not too many of us that can say that! What a gift and a joy it is to see your post through Chy, what an inspirational post......CONGRATS TO YOU DON W.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY DON ,THAT'S JUST SOOO COOL!
IT WILL BE A GRAND CELEBRATION I'M SURE.
TILL THEN......
Old 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

great message don
on another thread i posted the story of waking up in my 13 th month and realizing that my memory was returning!!! But your story bout mom's birthday...wow!!

thanks
mackat
Old 05-10-2004, 07:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, As you can see I'm able to post. I think James was correct about the security system at work. I'm at the VA Hospital in Bedford Mass. in the computer room.
I only have a few moments before my class. I will post more later. Thank you again for all your support. I have been having a hard time. However, Chy, Morning Glory and of the rest of you is helping me get through it. The reson I'm at the VA is because I could feel myself going down hill. I was having problems with my PTSD from Vietnam. Without getting into the politics, the world events we bringing back thoughts. I called my sponsor and counselor at the VA. I've arranged to meet with my doctor and, for a couple of days sit in on the treatment program. Sort of a boster shot. I wasn't thinking about drinking but, I was having the thoughts that brought me to a drink before. I don't know about you but, my alcoholism will try anything to get me back. It will use every weakness I have. I can't let myself get in the way of my recovery. More later. Don W
Old 05-10-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face Re: Everyone say hello to Don W.

((((Don))) Glad to see you can post!I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time.I can understand why.(((Don))) How brave you are!What a great choice you have made to go in for a tune up instead of the alternative which we all know stinks!My heart goes out to you along with my prayers that you are soon feelin better Love to ya! Trish
Old 05-10-2004, 10:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Dan

I have tremendous respect for an alcoholic who asks for help.
I also hold a large dose of gratitude for the men and women who sacrificed so much so that others might live in relative safety.
I am honored to know you Don.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Trish and Dangerous, Thanks! I hope you are both well. I just came from my class.
The other veterans there are just days and weeks sober. However, like on this board we could connect. One point I came away with is how we measure ourselves. I set goals, sometimes unrealistic, and measure myself using that yardstick. After seeing what I must have looked like and acted like through the other Veterans, I can see I'm using the wrong yardstick. Do any of you also measure yourself by comparing yourself to others on the goals you haven't reached? I think I need to do more identifying and less comparing. The class was on "Managing Stress". I am going back for another class
in a little while. The basic point of the class was looking how we handle stress, and wether our choice is long term or short term. I was able to pick up a number of good suggestions from the others. I have to tell you before I go. It was alot better walking in here for help. In the past I was carried in here. At first, I thought of it as a step backwards or a weakness. I know understand that you sometimes need to take a step back and look at your recovery program. I hope that any of you are having problems you will have the strength to take whatever steps that are needed. Sometimes, I need to get out of the way of my recovery and let it drag me along. I am so happy that I can post. This is stupid, but why I am here, but, I was really on myself for not being able to fix the problem. Also, it was some kind of plot of the Universe against me. I 'm not well but, I'm getting better. Don W
Old 05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Chy

So very glad to see you! I'm glad you knew what to do and had the courage to do it! Take care Don!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

(((DON))) glad you are taking care of yourself! that is awesome!

hugs and prayers,

dot
Old 05-10-2004, 11:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Don W., I am happy for you that you are able to post again. Take care of yourself.
So glad you are getting better. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey, Don, good to see you back on the boards!
Don S