Notices

relapsed again

Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy relapsed again

My dad sent me the store to buy him a beer he drank it then he sent me to the store to by him another and I bought one for me too. Im supposed to go to outpatient treatment today and Im not gonna go. I dont believe in treatment I know AA works so im gonna go to a morning meeting. My therapist and psycholigist said I have to go to the mental hospital if I drank again and I drank again Ive got plans for saint patricks day but Im gonna go to AA all day instead my dad bringing me down with him Im gonna go to alonon cause my dad and brother are alcoholic. Well todays a new day after four years of not drinking I relapsed cause I didnt stay spiritually fit and I rested on my laurels and I had a selfish program.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Thats tough news. Can I ask why you didnt refuse to go to buy your dad alcohol given you have a desire to be sober?

I would still go to outpatient treatement. They are there to help even when you do relapse they will help give you the tools to prevent this from happening again. I would still go and tell them what happend and they would be more qualified to help you not repeat the cycle of destruction.

This is a mistake that does not have to happen again! I know you feel bad. Try to learn from it so it doesnt happen again. You deserve to be happy and free from alcohol and all of its poisons!!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Living with two active alcoholics isn't the most supportive atmosphere to get sober in... is there any chance you could move out? Al-anon is probably a good idea, and maybe post in the friends and family forum here too. I know it must be tough but if I was you I would refuse to go and buy beer for anyone. That can be one of your boundaries And I am sure that'll help you stay sober too. Outpatient sounds like an added bonus to AA, any reason why you can't just do both? x
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Sounds like you have a new GOD in your life.

Gift Of Desperation
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I made it threw the day sober Im so grateful all my friends in AA really helped me out today I went to four meetings set up a couple and stayed for two. I have to have a daily reprieve Im doing things I dont want to do but there helping me when I do them. If you would of ask me in the morning if Id make it threw the day I would of said no way. But I talk to my first sponser and he said for me to get down on my knees and pray I said Im in a car he said get down on your knees and pray so I got outside my car and got on my knees with cars driving by and repeated the words he told me to pray all of a sudden the obssesion to drink wasnt a sunami but just a wave it helped me so much.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh wow, thanks so much for sharing. You had a good plan and you worked it and it worked.

Might I also add that you are awesome for being able to stay sober while living with alcoholics.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Feel for you mate. You are between a rock and a hard place. I used to view people who had quit alcohol and taken a spiritual turn in their lives with a sense of awe. I looked at them like they had found the secret, they had cracked the riddle and were now reaping the rewards to something I could not unravel. I felt like to tempt them with drink was like trying to get an angel of heaven into the sack. They are off limits, pure and have come through the wringer born anew.
Remember how you felt four years sober compared to how you feel now or when you were drinking. This is a stumble. Brush yourself off and stand up and say "No".