Notices

Weekends used to be so hard

Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekends used to be so hard

Weekends used to be an absolute killer for me, I would get such hard and relentless cravings to drink and smoke pot, just a month ago I felt as if I had finally failed, it's amazing what has changed.

I can't say I feel like a new person or anything, but wow, I'm thinking about drinking right now, and using drugs and I just don't care. One month ago my heart would have started pounding at the prospect of going to the liquor store or picking up a sack, and now... At least for a few weeks now I haven't really given it much thought. Sometimes my mind drifts back to using, at work, at home, during times I could get away with it, and I'm finding that I don't desire it anymore.

I don't know what happened, I changed my schedule at work, I'm a lot busier now, I don't follow the same time schedule I did when I was using. I'm not sure if such a minor change could really do so much good, but I just thought I'd post this since a lot of the things I've posted in the past have been dreary and reflected on hard times.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for the post to state that change does happen; I needed to know that now! I have changed a lot of my routine as well and have managed to stay sober but I'm really feeling like I'm in a rut. Good thoughts you are creating for me on the need to change up my routine a little perhaps!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

I remember early on for me, someone posted that they had been through 2 sober weekends. I thought that sounded like a LOT of sober time. 2 weekends. Dang. Weekends were very hard. Maybe the hardest part of all of this was getting through the weekends.

SoberClover - The change will come and it is worth it. Be patient. Be strong.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dont use its not worth it...Monday will be here soon enough!Hang in there.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Thank you for the post to state that change does happen; I needed to know that now! I have changed a lot of my routine as well and have managed to stay sober but I'm really feeling like I'm in a rut. Good thoughts you are creating for me on the need to change up my routine a little perhaps!
To be honest, the first 12 weeks or so were easy. I found it really discouraging that I hit problems after what... five months sober? I feel alright now, I don't know if the cravings will come back around eventually, but it feels like it's been a long time since I could think about drugs and alcohol without wanting some.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Weekends are when I drunk the heaviest. Glad to know it got easier for you. I am looking forward to the day that I can say the same.