Notices

First drink ever

Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First drink ever

Another thread made me start thinking and actually I responded to that thread but decided it may not be right to post there so started this one...Just so ya know...LOL

Made me try to remember when was my actual first drink..

It was after my parents got a divorce and my mom and I moved out (since I was the baby 12 ,and only one left in the house) I truly believe she waited for me to be that old before she left.

My brother never actually lived with us once he hit high school. When we moved to another county he stayed with my granny and finished his school .

My sister snuck off and got married at 15 and left. So I was the only one left at home.

Anyway.. I recall my first drink being Strawberry Hill Wine. It was 8th grade last day of school and I talked my brother-in-law into buying a bottle. We put it in squirt guns and took it to school. I don’t think it was all down hill from there but probably the foundation of it all since after that I do recall getting more to drink.

I was not a big drinker but definitely a pot smoker in my high school days (along with other drugs). Then I met my now husband at 16. We got married when I turned 18 after I graduated…actually I turned 18 ,went to prom and got married in a span of 2 weeks..LOL… still a pot smoker off and on for awhile ,but once I got pregnant at 20 all that stopped and didn’t really start drinking until my children left the nest.

Now that I look at it it’s all kind of weird …but my brother died an alcoholic, my step grandfather did as well. My dad drank a lot when I was very young.

Anyway not sure where all that came from but just throwing it out there.
come June I will be married for 36 years to my man, and we have been through a lot but this is the time in my life that I really feel it is the worst.

Forgive me for the reminessing...but making me think about some things.