Notices

I am hangin in there.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am hangin in there.

I am putting my sobriety first. Alcohol + me = Looney tunes. I am off my rocker. I just want to be semi-sane. Funny that it takes my judgment and throws it in the sewer. Any way I am so amazed that I didn't do this sooner, but I guess it takes what it takes. Thank God I'm here to tell you this. Anyone else go totally bonkers when they drank? 41 days and counting. Appreciate SR for being there.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think I went beyond bonkers. : )
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep, I did some things that I really can't believe. But what is even more unbelievable is the next day at 5 O-clock. I would do it again.
Congrats on 41 days. Keep it up.
Fred
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not totally comfortable when thinking about all of the things I did when I was drinking. It still keeps me up at night and I get really depressed at times. I, however, have also realized that I am still alive and I didn't kill any one else. I'm trying to make right decisions every day and to maintain my sobriety so I can continue to be a productive member of society. I work with other people who deserve second chances as well as share my strength and experience to the best of my ability in my clinical and teaching work. Don't focus on where you have been, my friend, but rather on where you are going.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was miserable and had grave concerns for my health, yet continued to drink. Bonkers pretty much sums it up.

I'm glad you're hangin in there, JBird. Though I'm not sure those words do justice to what you're achieving here: the first few weeks are the Everest of recovery. You should be really proud of yourself. I bet you have plenty of mental and physical rewards ahead of you. You might want to stay a little bit crazy though. It has its benefits.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All is Change

I'm still bonkers, but not drinking makes it a lot more fun.