Notices

S o s

Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

S o s

Sorry to be dramatic, but 406 days totally sober . Today intense cravings are upon me , it's been a while but they are back strong and like its the first week.

Think it's because I know that tonight I am going out, it's been a panned for a while, does not seem much but meeting brothers in a pub for a few hours then to a curry house, I have to go , I mean I want to go to see them and have a laugh etc think it's the cold weather warm pub scenario that has started this off. Thinking the drink through, I will never be happy just having a few tonight because I damn we'll know the obsession seed would be well watered and thinking about tomorrow night or next weekend. It would all be ok for a few weeks and then I will be back to my old ways, I know this . It's so easy to see that being sober is nothing but good for me yet I am craving today to drink and am even thinking if I could control it again. Sorry to seek attention , but I always feel better if I vent and get my feelings out. Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have done so well and 406 days! that is amazing, this is purely psychological, just think how bad you will feel if you drink and then wake up in the morning with a rotten hangover and being back at day ONE?

Please dont do it, have a few non alcoholic drinks and enjoy a sober night with your mates and enjoy a curry.
Then go home and feel proud of yourself.

you have got through other occasions such as Chritmas and Birthdays, you can manage a night in the pub.

Hang in ther and think of the bad things about booze and why you stopped in the first place.

Think of

Hangovers
Blotchy red skin
Headaches
Anxiety
Stomach pain
vomiting
and losing all those sober days

All the best.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Don't be sorry for doing the right thing. Why are you/we sorry for things like that?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

That's the insanity of the disease, leading you back by making you think this time is different. It's not.

How 'bout you tell your brothers, "Hey. let's skip the pub and head right to the curry shop." If you need to sit around drinking, find a coffee shop and coffee drinkers.

Stay strong.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting

No matter how tough or non enjoyable it gets for these few hours, you won't ever regret waking up tomorrow remembering you stuck it out. Let that little clock tick over to day 407/408, as it will do if you just let it

And a few back to basics tactics for planning a sober evening certainly won't go amiss, I'm sure. First week cravings? First week strategy with a large side of sober experience.

Congratulations on your awesome sobriety, by the way! You can do it again today - stay tough
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong DarkDays, the warm pub on a cold day belongs to another time, another you. Go, but as you are now, sober and fully conscious of the reasons why you wanted to be the way you are now.

Enjoy yourself, i've been living in Paris for the past 15 years, and the curry here sucks!

all best wishes
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have every confidence in you DD. I think Carl's idea is brilliant tho

D
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I am with carl on this one. Even reading your post, it sounded like a little bit of romanticism going on...the cold night, warm pub, plush seats, snooker on the telly, etc. (I was a big pub goer, so I get that part!) Having the obsession kicking at you at the precise time this planned event is going on that is in a pub...for me, personally, that would have been a bad combo.

It's your call, but I get the feeling that you're on the fence on this...and maybe need a good push from the SR community
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dark days, good for you for posting your concerns first and knowing your triggers. Stay strong. You will feel awful giving up 406 sober days. You don't want to have another day 1 and frankly you don't deserve to have another day 1. It does sound like a perfect storm for relapse so I agree the pub may not be the best plans to have tonight. But only you know deep down in your heart if you can/want to deal with it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all, think I was having a self pity party today.

Being in the pub and watching people drinking and seeing a few really drunk people has made me glad that I am where I am now, 100% sober...cant go back, wont go back.

Thanks all.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

DD, I too recently REALLY struggled. After all has been fine & well for so long. It really shook me up. But I thought it through, POSTED!!! & these brilliant people helped me get my head back in the game.
No shame in sending out an Sos. That's why WE ARE ALL HERE.
Onward & upward my friend