Notices

Today

Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Today

I posted a number of weeks ago about the constant argument i have in my head regarding whether or not i am alcoholic or not. This has been a constant in my life since first going to AA in 1995 unfortunately for me i have never stayed any longer than 4 months when i get tired of this constant argument and leave and go back drinking. My experience has shown that it always got worse and i suffer more from spiritual hangovers rather than sickness. To my detriment i could never learn from past experiences no matter how sore or degrading they were. I rejoined AA on new years eve 2012 and have not had a drink since the argument is fading away and for the first time in my life i am accepting my alcoholism and all this entails at present i have joined a group, got a sponsor and have just finished my 4th step i am sharing my 5th step tonight and am actually looking forward to this. Today i am more at ease with myself and others i have no desire to be the centre of the universe and have decided to let god be god.. I also attend gamblers anonymous and have not gambled in 12 years and have gratitude for both fellowships. I would like to thank all members and posters on sober recovery for all your help although i dont know you i think and feel the same way.

God Bless
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats really great to hear baxibermuda

D