Notices

I fell off the wagon.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell off the wagon.

Ive been drinking heavil again and i feel horrible today. I need support.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me 2

Originally Posted by lastchance84 View Post
Ive been drinking heavil again and i feel horrible today. I need support.
I feel exactly like you.. I feel terrible hung over BUT i cant stop.. Im killing my self...
Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scared

Im really getting scared.. I dont know what to do..
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

awesome thing about the wagon is that you are driving and you can hop back on anytime.. This time fasten your seat belt (get support and avoid temptation).
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

start over. don't beat yourself up. think that tomorrow you will already be feeling better
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You just need to climb back up onto that wagon and give its other go. You have to be ready and I agree that support not just online but at meetings, therapy, along with friends and family have been crucial in my journey. Posting online can provide tons of support and encouragement but for me I need face to face accountability too.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep on trying. Don't ever give up. Try to remember how u r feeling now, and how u don't want 2 go there again.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

You CAN get sober, but it takes action. If what you are doing now is not working, then kick it up to the next level. I struggled for years. It wasn't until I fully understood and accepted that quitting drinking and living sober was going to depend upon my decisions and my actions, that my sobriety started to take hold. There is plenty of support here to help you identify tools, methods or programs to aid you in sobriety. I now act on the things I read here. Best of luck and you can do this!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Quitting by far has been the hardest thing I have ever done and it will continue for the rest of my life. I am a person that needs to give 100 % to my sobriety every day because if I don't I know I will return to my old ways.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I quit for 3 months and started drinking once in a while again but now im back to drinking everyday. I drank 18 beers and 4 coolers last night. Im so dissapointed in myself and I feel like garbage right now.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It creeps up doesn't it. I quit for 6 weeks then thought I'd just have a few now and again.A few weeks later it was every night again,getting earlier in the day too. I'm 2.5 months now and I just tell myself I'll never be a normal drinker.I also try to think on how better my life is now and focus on the positives rather than just saying 'don't drink don't drink' I agree with a pp though, if what you are doing isn't working try something different
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Drinking to much

Im drinking close to a half gallon of vodka a night... My body is hurting and i feel like i have been hit by a train. I know im killing myself but every day come 3 or 4 pm im at the store buying booze.. I feel like im losing my sanity... SO DEPRESSED
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
It creeps up doesn't it. I quit for 6 weeks then thought I'd just have a few now and again.A few weeks later it was every night again,getting earlier in the day too. I'm 2.5 months now and I just tell myself I'll never be a normal drinker.I also try to think on how better my life is now and focus on the positives rather than just saying 'don't drink don't drink' I agree with a pp though, if what you are doing isn't working try something different
Me 2.. I went to salvation army rehab stayed for a month.. Came home started a lil here lil there.. Now im drinking heavily everyday..
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi lastchance. Glad you came back to talk about it.

That's why I had to stop all together. At the end of my drinking career, every time I picked up was a trip into the unknown. I was never able to have a drink or two - it was always the whole bottle. Then another bottle. I didn't feel happy or high - just miserable and disgusted with myself. Stopping all together was so much easier than trying to manage it - and I felt so free to have it out of my life.

Don't stop trying to make it right. This can be the last time you feel this way. We're all behind you - let's try this again.

You too bnmbh.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I committed to the program of Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's worked for me since 1989.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance84 View Post
I quit for 3 months and started drinking once in a while again but now im back to drinking everyday. I drank 18 beers and 4 coolers last night. Im so dissapointed in myself and I feel like garbage right now.
You are me one week ago. I quit for 2 and a half months, starting drinking a little again here and there and then found myself a week later coming out of a full binge + three days of withdrawals. I have gotten better and better at this with practice. I am 8 days sober and already craved alcohol last night but have surrendered to the reality that I can never ever drink again- and that realization is like a break up with someone- something you have to mourn a little bit- be gentle with yourself- you have all of us to lean on. Good luck
Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read you're struggling lastchance84.

I've been there - what you need now most is action - even if it's just a determination that you'll stop drinking today and get some help.

Seeing a Dr can be a good idea.

Do you have a plan like that? whats your support like?

All this goes for you bnmbh - welcome - glad you're here too

you may find you'll get more personal feedback and responses if you start your own thread tho?

D
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I must have quit, on my own, hundreds of times. One time I went for 3 months without a drop. Every single time I eventually started to drink again. I believe some people can stop on their own and some cannot. I am one who couldn’t. I tried to do it my way for many years and it never lasted. I hated the God talk when I eventually went to AA. Fortunately there were people there who told me that God could stand for Good Orderly Direction or Group Of Drunks. I did not stay sober with the help of AA at first, but I kept at it. I now have more than a few years since my last drink.

I could have saved myself so much pain if I could have walked through the door to that first meeting sooner.

I hope you find a way that works for you.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
What was important for me was to stop looking at my very serious problem (almost fatal for me) as "the wagon". A wagon implies that I can get on and off, suggesting a never ending cycle. Indeed that's what it was. The wagon never really goes anywhere. Get rid of the wagon and start walking. Many here have suggested different methods that may help. There are many methods, but none that are going to do the work that you alone must do. This site alone can provide you with information, support, and options and you begin to find a way to break the cycle and ditch the wagon rides forever. Fortunately, you are quite capable of doing this, even if you do not believe it right now.
Action. Take action against this or it will kill you.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It is just my opinion, but I think we are just not aware how precious a gift sobriety is. Once stopped, you can't just throw it away by thinking you can drink from time to time. Listen to the stories here. THAT HAS NEVER WORKED.

I think it is just human nature to believe" well I have stopped before so I can cut down and if I have to I can STOP again."It doesn't work that way!

Sometimes , folks, that life raft doesn't float by again, and we are stuck drowning in alcohol again. Once you quit are you willing to take get off that raft, in the hopes of being the lucky one against all odds to have another one float by. If so hope you are good a treading water , maybe forever.