Notices

I am at a point where i mite lose my wife again!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I understand pippi the black out state is so unpredictable and can be a danger to so many around. I call it baby brain. Because you have basically drank your brain back to that of an infants capacity. I have watched a few people get there while on the road the past couple of weeks and been there in the past. I am sorry to hear that happened and I didn't mean at all to sound defensive. No one is above anyone here and I guess anything can truly happen when someone loses control.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by Wishful78 View Post
Hey paul99 when you say terminal uniqueness it makes me think you think I am someone who believes I am better. I just meant not being able to find someone like me in certain traits that even outside of booze but why on here is the wrong place to search for this. And anyway that's something for between me and my therapist. But please don't think I am one to feel above or look down on anyone. Never would that be the case. Being on here is very helpful to me on my as you say journey and I appreciate every ones story and opinion.
Not at all - it's nothing about being better than others. What terminal uniqueness means that we feel we are facing a situation in a way that no one else ever has. It's personal exceptionalism - that you are so very different (not better or worse, just different) from everyone else, and therefore the solutions that have worked for others won't and/or can't work for you because of your unique traits and circumstances.

It's a form of denial, and hence it kills, as we don't feel the need to be able to work a program of recovery or even bother investigating other ways of treating the alcoholism. You said you won't get lost in a world of denial, and that is how you feel and approach things. We also have to be careful about living where we are either in denial, delusion or both. I know I was the latter.

If you're committed to moderate drinking, then good luck. If you're committed to sobriety for good and all, good luck. Being in the middle can be dangerous.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

All the best wishes! Please choose your marriage and get some help!!!