Notices

Scared here

Old 02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can't give you medical advice here Guyver.

I can see you're really winding yourself up tho - either you're concerned enough to see a Dr or you're not. It's you decision.

I don't know anything about you but I had a bad last detox.
The safest place for me would have been with a medical professional.

I wish I'd gone.

D
Old 02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i was much more scare of a coffin than a hospital room
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was once in a hospital were a doctor and nurse (married to eachother) were both convincted of murder and attempted murder by messing around with IV's and medications, and I was under them as a patient at that stage, so you can see where I got this phobia.

As for the symptons well I have no severe pain but it is obviously something is inflamed, either the pancrea or a kidney, needless to say I had fever, weakness, dehydration, anxiety, cold/hot at the same time and gurgling noises and heavy sensations coming from the left side of the abdomen - call classic signs of it but it could also be another cause like IBS.

I never told this nurse that I was having these symptons but I did tell her I want to go cold turkey and I can only see my GP on thursday (they don't bother opening on a wednesday...) but afraid he will hospitalize me from the above reasons.. after my little encounter being under that murder couple I don't want to be in someone elses power like that again - even if it is massively unlikely I'll run into the same type of "people".

I'll see how it feels tomorrow but I have avoided eating as this can trigger the pain from I have so far not got and I hear this pain is worse than being shot, don't think I'll take the risk but I will be telling the nurse tomorrow about my concerns and maybe get a blood test done.. I just fear being hospitalised, not the entire medical profession
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

From not going to a Dr I suffered a series of mini strokes...I'll have to deal with the legacy of that for the rest of my life.

Thats not saying you will suffer anything like that - but I think the changes of that scenario or something similar is more likely than you finding yourself in the kind of situation you're worried about again.

You'll be walking into a Drs office or an ER.

Unless the rules are radically different where you live, noone can involuntarily commit to you a hospital or make you take anything you don't want to take.

D
Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
I was once in a hospital were a doctor and nurse (married to eachother) were both convincted of murder and attempted murder by messing around with IV's and medications, and I was under them as a patient at that stage, so you can see where I got this phobia.

As for the symptons well I have no severe pain but it is obviously something is inflamed, either the pancrea or a kidney, needless to say I had fever, weakness, dehydration, anxiety, cold/hot at the same time and gurgling noises and heavy sensations coming from the left side of the abdomen - call classic signs of it but it could also be another cause like IBS.

I never told this nurse that I was having these symptons but I did tell her I want to go cold turkey and I can only see my GP on thursday (they don't bother opening on a wednesday...) but afraid he will hospitalize me from the above reasons.. after my little encounter being under that murder couple I don't want to be in someone elses power like that again - even if it is massively unlikely I'll run into the same type of "people".

I'll see how it feels tomorrow but I have avoided eating as this can trigger the pain from I have so far not got and I hear this pain is worse than being shot, don't think I'll take the risk but I will be telling the nurse tomorrow about my concerns and maybe get a blood test done.. I just fear being hospitalised, not the entire medical profession
Guyver,

Your an alcoholic!!!!!! You take chances with your life EVERY day!!!!

What more possible harm can a hospital do--oh that's right it could KEEP YOU ALIVE.

....but you know their are just sooo many of those "murdering Doctors" around, I can see your point.

See how silly this sounds when your health and life is on the line!--Please , Guyver, seek immediate medical attention, we want you to continue being a part of our community.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Gastritis can be incredibly painful too... especially when eating.

Guyver, you need to get checked out. I'm sorry you had an horrific experience in the hospital before, but like you said what are the odds on that happening again? Slimmer than slim I would say.

Value your health. You seem to have wound yourself up into a frenzy. These fears alone should be enough for you to quit. Get checked out. Print this thread out and show it to the nurse tomorrow if you cannot find the words.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well nurses came out, basically told me they aren't doctors so can't give a definite answer and to get checked out by my doctor, which I can't actually do until tomorrow due to his office being closed but I will probably make that appointment just to be sure. Even though the symptons are pretty much gone - you never know.

Thanks for all the support people
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling a bit brighter. Definitely make that doctors appointment, it's not worth the stress and the worry! Good luck.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

If this is pancreatites I would highly advise you to get to the hospital ASAP and don't drink any more alcohol, I've had pancreatites around 11-12 times over the past 10 years, I'm only out of hospital last week but was also admitted almost 4 weeks ago with severe pancreatites, I was almost having to go into intensive care as the risk of multiple organ failure was so high, They can do a simple blood test and see what your amylase levels are like. I did have some mild cases of pancreatites over the past few months but the pain, although it was sore it eased off after a few days and I continued to drink. Believe me you don't want to experience severe pancreatites as you'll be virtually unable to move and if you continue to drink this is what will happen. The way the hospital treat it is nil by mouth so you're allowed no food or water at all, You get put on a drip, along with massive amounts of pain killers, I was on IV morphine and IV paraceatmol and I was getting them pumped into me every 4 hours, the pain didn't ease up for about 4-5 days. It's not something I wanna ever experience again. I hope you can get yourself sorted, This horrible illness can cause so many complacations and can be very lethal. All the best.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You've had medical pros tell you what to do, please don't listen to well-meaning forum members who are not professionals.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
[B]You've had medical pros tell you what to do, please don't listen to well-meaning forum members who are not professionals.
LexieCat,

I usually agree with most of your postings....but seriously??

Does it not sound a little wonky for "the pros" to say," no problem, just keep drinking until we can fit you in" ?? I mean you don't need to be a professional to know something is a little OFF with that kind of advice, and even Guyver seemed very concerned about this advice.

None of us are telling him to ignore the doctors orders, but where does Guyver live Appalachia?

Respectfully,
TrixMixer
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
All is Change

I know nothing about this case, I have no idea if I have all the data and I'm not qualified except to say anyway except recount that I did have one instance when a doctor told me I must not stop drinking until I got myself into a rehab because of the dangers to me at that particular time of unsupervised detoxing.

You can always get a second opinion, but whatever you do practice being totally honest.

That's something I wish I had been doing much earlier.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a note for those who might not know or who may have forgotten our medical rule

Here is the SR Rule in full....

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
We are a peer support group here. We simply cannot give medical advice. You need to see a medical professional for that.

Thanks for your understanding

Dee
SR