Notices

when I have nothing to do

Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is Change

when I have nothing to do

I have me. When I have stuff to do I still have me. The difference is that my self awareness takes a back seat. It's a paradox that in the moment that I have greater self awareness and therefore am more likely to be inclined to self medicate that self awareness is the path that leads to not self medicating.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you in recovery ? Seeing a counselor/therapist ?

The more self-aware I became, the more I needed the help to explain why do I tic the way I tic.... Learned a lot about myself, and it has been critical in my 2 years of sobriety...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Yes. Yes.

I find it to be so too. I find that if I approach 'me' with equanimity, at all times, but particularly if situations are such that there are few distractions it is then that, while faced with more triggers, I can make more progress along the path.

So in a sense I suppose being 'snowed in' can be a great thing.

I can't respond for a day and a half from now because I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend. Unfortunately it's going to be a couple of days of around 40 degrees celcius.

Thank You.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
All is Change

I feel strangely light hearted today. I'm sure it will pass, but ti's nice to know it's attainable still.
Got less done than I wanted. The heat is back and the forecast seems to promise little relief for days.

Equanimity: what is it? Good question. Perhaps it's about doing what needs to be done without letting highs and lows change things. I spent the evening with a couple of dear friends who drink a lot. I went when it got too repetitious and had a nice long drive home.

Maybe that's what works best for me. Simple unspectacular days just doing what is needed and then being able to go to sleep sober without having done anything major to feel bad about. Even mindedness.
(It helps to be able to forgive my neighbor for pinching a pot plant yet be assertive enough to ask for it back.)
Thank You.