Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

A Good Message for Everyone... Especially for here on the Boards. :)

Notices

A Good Message for Everyone... Especially for here on the Boards. :)

Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile A Good Message for Everyone... Especially for here on the Boards. :)

I PROMISE I WILL NOT POST THESE REGULARLY!!

But there have been a lot of posts from the Mods regarding the way others treat others, and this came in my email today... Today's Thought by Hazelden, so I'm sharing it. Hope you all have a wonderful day, week, and so on!!

"It is a piece of great good luck to deal with someone who values you at your true worth." ~ Baltasar Gracian

We have the ability to comfort and heal by recognizing each other's value. It's a pity that we don't often do that. Each time we recognize the worth of others as sons and daughters of God, we are acknowledging their power - and ours - to create, to love, to make a difference in this world.

Each time we see goodness, creativity, and love in someone else we are also acknowledging it in ourselves. When we deny it in others, we deny it in ourselves, and in God who created us.

Meeting anyone - an acquaintance, a stranger - is a holy encounter. As we see others, we see ourselves. As we treat others, we treat ourselves. Each encounter, then, is another opportunity to accept or reject our own worth.

I will look for value in others and find it in myself.

Okay, that is all, now back to work!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope nobody took any of my jokes the wrong way. they were only jokes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every time I see you post vegibean I want to cook my mean 5 bean chilli. Sorry completely unrelated!

Yes there has been a little discord in places, but your posts sums it up perfectly
Old 02-06-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HeyVegi,

My post with the smiley guys was supposed to let you know your original post was "very thought provoking"!

Duh! Next time how bout I just say that instead of using sign language.....cause we know how well that worked.

Sorry if there was confusion!

Trix
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

caboblanco - what you posted was funny, I am sorry that I apparently missed that.

MyTime - Will you at least share?

Trix - Lol!!! Well you know the thing with reading is that it's hard to hear someone's "tone of voice", it's almost like we have to do a disclaimer (which I have done) like ***I am saying this in a sweet tone of voice and with a kind smile on my face*** so people, in their heads, don't hear a rant. Ha ha!!!

Yeah, that email/daily meditation I got was just perfect and right on time for here.

SWEET!!!