Notices

litterally blacking out while drunk

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

litterally blacking out while drunk

on Sunday night i was drinking straight Whiskey out of a small glass,92 Proof /46% ABV whiskey, i drank like two or three full glasses and then went to a bar and took a shot of straight gin then went into the restroom and when i was leaving the restroom i literally blacked out for may 10 seconds or so i don't remember and suddenly came too like came back out of the blackout, it was scary. i remembered everything the day before or most everything, is this a sign of blacking out or what might have happened. and was the alcohol most likely the cause? please help! thanks and cheers!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Indeed very scary.
Could be all sorts of things.
I strongly advise you tell a doctor about it asap.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No -- that is called time travel -- only real alcoholics get to practice that particular skill
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by Goosecole22 View Post
i remembered everything the day before or most everything, is this a sign of blacking out or what might have happened. and was the alcohol most likely the cause? please help! thanks and cheers!
I'm no doctor, so I can't say for sure. But for me, every time I blacked out, there was alcohol involved. I haven't had a black out since I quit. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like.the ole classic drinkntoo much too fast and black out to me. I was a pro at that.. haven't blacked out since I quit either. Prob not a bad idea to mention it to you Dr.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I've never heard of an alcohol-related blackout only lasting a few seconds, but anything is possible. I suspect your doctor will recommend you lay off the sauce for a while and see if it happens again.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Goosecole22

noone here can really tell you what happened to you cos we werent there.
If you're concerned I think seeing a Dr is always a good first step.

but it was common for me to have flashes of things happening...I'd suddenly be in a different room or finishing something I didn't remember starting - I presume I was having blackout of minutes, sometimes seconds duration.

I haven't experienced that again since I got sober.

D
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goosecole22 View Post
and suddenly came too like came back out of the blackout, it was scary. i remembered everything the day before or most everything, is this a sign of blacking out or what might have happened. and was the alcohol most likely the cause?
Yes, that sounds very scary. A guy in my city was pub crawling with friends this summer, and he wandered off. They found his floating body in the river three days later. He must have just fallen in the river, caused by a blackout.

and was the alcohol most likely the cause?
I'm betting there is a high probability that your consumption of a substance known to cause blackouts in millions of humans was the cause.

Brother, i wish you peace and serenity. I found serenity doesn't come from the ups and downs of the drinking life. That life is a chaotic rollercoaster that destroys your mind and your body.