Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Adult ADD strikes again, causing me to miss the Super Bowl, LOL

Notices

Adult ADD strikes again, causing me to miss the Super Bowl, LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Adult ADD strikes again, causing me to miss the Super Bowl, LOL

Kind of funny, sitting here this morning reading the posts about how fellow SR'ers spent Super Bowl Sunday, Sober.

I, too, was sober, but I missed the Super Bowl altogether. Here is how...

I am moving to Wyoming this coming week, and upon packing and all that fun stuff last week, I had called the cable company to cancel my cable, and turned in my control box. I had a nagging feeling all week that there was SOMETHING that I needed to watch this week, or weekend, but could not...remember... exactly...what...hmmm....

Well, it dawned on me at approx. 5 pm yesterday that it was the Super Bowl!!! Soooo.... I too spent the Super Bowl sober (yay), not seeing one minute of it (booo), nor ONE COMMERCIAL (major BOOOO!)! My choices were to go to an annoying packed sports bar, go to an annoying packed neighbors house, or stay at home and read a book. Even my dogs were staring at me like "what gives?" Well, chalk it up to my Adult ADD, which I usually praise for teaching me how to not take life tooo seriously, to allow me to miss yet another Super Bowl. I won't even get into previous reasons, but a pattern is forming. LOL.

So please, somebody, tell me, how was the game? Who won? How many times was the name Harbaugh said? And what were the best commercials???

Thanks,
Zube
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL,

All the scores and stories, not to mention all the commercials, should be on the net today.

And FWIW I'd rather be home reading a book any day than watching football (that's just me). Personally, I was at my home group meeting (which was light in attendance but heavy on great shares).

I don't know who won, either, and TBH, I forget who was playing. The Ravens and somebody. One of the teams probably won.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I'm in hockey country, so American Football does nothing for me. But it certainly did give me a reason to drink oh so many years ago.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
I'm in hockey country, so American Football does nothing for me. But it certainly did give me a reason to drink oh so many years ago.
Go Maple Leafs!!!

Zube
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ravens won (boo), halftime show was entertaining this year. Look up the doritos and goat commercial!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good morning from Wonderful Wyoming! You will love it here!

It was a good game, but a nail biter! Watched it at a friend's house with a huge group of AA friends. It was a wonderful, sober time. We all got a bit competitive (lots of 49'ers fans compared to just a handful of us Ravens fans) but it was all in good fun. Ate too much, laughed a lot, hugged a lot, and went to bed clear-headed and happy!

Sorry you missed it but there's always next year!