Notices

How I Became An Alcoholic pt . 2

Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I Became An Alcoholic pt . 2

So yeah, I had a 40 ouncer and DAMMNNN, everything was new again....I wasn't even convinced George Bush was real, and it made me laugh.....the lights in the nieghbourhood were all of a sudden brights as **** , my girlfriend felt like a different girl, my friends felt like the coolest people in the universe, and I felt like Conan....O'Brien and Schwartzenegger....strong and funny, it was amazing man....a-******-mazing.....conversations were interesting again, cuz alll of a sudden i don't know anything more, i was willing to LISTEN.....and ya, talkin to people i didnt know was a breeze, even though most of the time they didnt wanna talk back......music was like invisible sex,. with the air..... and i dont give a damn if nobody else is here, this song is BANANAS...'
then I woke up hungover
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had a few of those back in the day. Chasing them kept me out there for over 10 years of it not being like that anymore though....
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Beer was my escape into another world. I could feel the warm glow growing with each and every beer. I gradually became more popular, better looking, more interesting and a better dancer! The trouble was it was all an illusion and with the next morning came the shame, the guilt, the paranoia. But hey, once I shook all of that off, it was time to start again! I stayed in this mode for nearly 30 years until one day I couldn't shake it off and I ended up in the ER, convinced I was going insane. It may take a long time, but eventually the bloom will wear off the rose. I'm lucky I woke up before it was too late. I know of many who never made it back.