Notices

New girl here

Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

welcome ALison
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Alison, fear will keep you sober for a while but will fade away. Getting my first DUI was horrible. But getting my third DUI was worse. I would suggest attending AA & talking to a therapist.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Alison. You will find a lot of support here. Take advantage of your situation. Your life will travel many roads it is up to you how smoothly it will be. Me I took the rough one. Regretfully. Oh the should haves in life.. Today I'm sober and life seems easier. Trying to repair marriage. You have a new marriage and you said he is supportive so please make good choices now. If your having to question your use of alcohol then imo there is a issue. Good luck to you and your husband.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the welcome and your thoughtful comments.

I think everyone is right about the fear only lasting so long, and this is definitely something I needed to hear. Of course over the years there have been other incidents that have made me say "I will never drink again" and obviously that didn't happen. Thanks for reminding me of this, it makes me realize I need to do something differently this time. At this moment, I am truly looking forward to a sober life, but I know there will be moments that's not true, and I will need to have tools and support in place to handle those times.

Day 3 so far and feeling good about that, though I've been so upset and anxious about my DWI hearing, I have not left the couch.

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to getting to know all of you and hearing your stories.