Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I think they're going to lock me up, or maybe kill me.

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Trying not to make an emergency post here but I'm afraid that the three people in my life I know the most are going to lock me up or throw me out of the house like I almost was last night since I am autistic they'd consider me MR *Mentally ********* and I have nowhere to go, homeless... I ... I never thought I'd be in the position but my mother has told me so many times this is "our" house as in her and me but in arguments she says "This is MY house", I was going to leave for a little while to let her cool off *she was drinking* but she spoke enough truth we know I have an opiate addiction, but I'm not ... meaning harm. Either way... recovered or not, my grandfather who lives with us *a pathological liar* is always ready to "ship me away" and my former stepfather who has been IN and OUT of my life just came around today and that really spooked me- I practically have no rights of my own as a person ... I'm just an autistic ****** in the long run- and the only self esteem I have would burn up in the snow I guess... I live in the rural area so I cannot really survive outside teh house I don't know what to do I'm scared this could be the end
Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Paulos, I'm sorry to hear how things are going. Have they said or done something to to you today to make you think you'll get thrown-out now?

I was going to suggest you give someone a ring that you know or if there isn't anyone are there any emergency helplines you can call? I'm in the UK, we can call the Samaritans if something is difficult and talk things through, is there something similar in the USA?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

my mother didn't really want to talk to me just when I told her I was having a majora panic attack I couldn't control my arms/hands from shaking... and pretty much that was it... things seem calm at the moment but I did pass out from using all my energy near a door, and now I'm just trying to cope... don't know what's ahead though really
Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

First off noones gonna kill you

As for being put away - I would try not to worry Paulos - there's laws in the US that need to be met for that to happen....

you're an adult, you have rights, you're not a danger to yourself or others, and you're obviously far from being incapable of rational thought or communication.

people say mean stuff sometimes - even family - try to ignore it best you can

D
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Listen to Dee...he's right.

Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment.
Things that are unkind and cruel.
Name calling is not nice.
Just because they are family does not make it any easier, but rows happen and threats are made.

If I was you, when there is a bad atmosphere at home, maybe it is best to try and get out of the way and go to another room if you can. Your own room if you feel safe there.

Try not to argue back and maybe just state the situation is causing you to be unhappy so you are going to go be on your own in another room.

It's also not worth going to bed and to sleep with cross words hanging about, so if you can clear the air with your mum.

You know what she says is not true.
You are an intelligent man with lots to give.

Keep your chin up.
I am thinking of you.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Paulos, I have read your posts for a long time & you are not "mentally ********". You are extremely intelligent. I think most opiate addicts are because they have to be in order to sustain the addiction.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Paulos, when people live together they tend to get on each others nerves from time to time. This can happen under the best of circumstances, add alcohol/drugs to the mix and that's just more fuel for the fire. Have you ever talked to your Doctors about getting off the opiates for good or do your Doctors see them as necessary? You're always going to have withdrawal issues with opiates as your blood levels fluctuate, that's just the nature of the beast and there is no way around that. Did you ever consider the possibility that life might be better with the opiates out of the picture?