Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I made a partial 4th step list for myself only for now

Notices

I made a partial 4th step list for myself only for now

Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

Step 1 is admitting and accepting, step 2 is willingness to move on with the steps, step 3 is a decision to work the steps and 4 & 5 don't need to take more than 2 days total, step 6 is an hour of reflection to make sure nothing has been left out, step 7 is a prayer and leaving it up to our higher power, done. 2 days time total. Can be done in one day. Step 8 comes from 4, step 9 is another long discussion, 10, 11 & 12 can be worked as soon as you get through step 7, sometimes prior to this.

I came to AA to find another way to live life, not to sit in my guilt, shame, remorse, or anything else negative, I had been living in Hades while drinking.....

I got my new solution; those steps saved my life. If your sponsor didn't feel like you do, than maybe you need a sponsor who felt hopeless in early recovery and who worked the steps and who had a spiritual awakening as a result of working those steps.

My life isn't so scary today and I am definitely not living in anxiety.