Notices

No Offense but Sobriety Sucks

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Those feelings are why I never stay sober and I'm again struggling with my 115 days. If you are living alone and having those feelings I commend your continued dedication to not drinking. I hope something happens for you and life improves. I suspect you deserve to be happy.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
Correction... YOUR sobriety sucks.

I quite enjoy mine, thank you.
Really? I find posts/reactions like this entirely un-empathetic, un-helpful, and pretty righteous. A person is suffering, and I don't care if it is suffering that comes from within or without. Where is the compassion? He may suffer from depression and anxiety which need treatment. Let's not be so blithe.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Hell yeah it sucks, but life isn't all about me anymore. Even though it sucks I can ususally help someone and I don't have to think about myself all the time.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you out there mmare? how you doing?

D
Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
zjw

I can relate life in general sucks from time to time heck more often then not actually. Drinking just kept the suck factor at bay all while causing ions of other problems. I got a year and a half now of sobriety or so and when i find myself thinking like you are now and i'm no saint i was where your at maybe even worse. I try and get ahold of myself and stop that line of thought. there is ALWAYS a reason to be happy and enjoy life you just gotta find it at the moment and hold on to it tightly. Finding new goals to set and challenges etc.. also help me stay engaged and entertained event ho to many my idea of a challenge or goal seems stupid but they dont realize that its not so much IF i can accomplish the goal its just the whole process of it keeping me happy and entertained. People dont get why i run i agree it is mindless stupid no point why run for fun. Yep why bother? it gives me something to look forward too it makes me feel good. People say but your already thin your already in shape why? Why not? WHy sit around moping and wining how crappy my life is? Why sit around dien in front of the TV? to each his own but i got my set of things i do to keep me entertained.

One obstacle i'm having now is when i think negativly i'm working on rescueing myself from that frame of mind FASTER instead of 4 5 hours of feeling bad i'd like it to be a minute or 2 then on to the next thing.