Notices

Not an alcoholic, but

Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not an alcoholic, but

d****d if i dont want a beer right now. i was a semi heavy drinker in my younger teens, then just maybe every 4 days id have a smirnoff and mgd. or less! just a wine cooler! and this evening someone tells me about their 12 pack and i realize my sick unhealty codie meter was buzzing (thanks to Dangerous) and i stepped out of the situation. but now, dot wants 2/12 of a 12 pack. not the same as when i crave crystal (have phys and ment addiction to that). but perhaps the thought was just nudged by my indulging in my "sick unhealthy codie meter". my parents think im an alco because i had had a 20 pack under my bed in a cooler a long time ago. lets see... the reason they found it was becuz i didnt drink it fast enough!? anywho, thanks for listening. i just want to generalize and say that everyone is out there getting f***** up and say that alco is not in fact a drug! what a joke, just becuz im not phys addicted to alco is no excuse to indulge (unless of course im out of country! JUST KIDDING! ). darn recovery knows no "country borders" if that makes any sense. haha.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Re: Not an alcoholic, but

Yea, I get that Dot! I wanted so bad to replace my beer with pot as I used to dable in that as well but never really "had to have it". It was one of the first things as a newbie like an idiot I asked my sponsor. She said "oh marijuana maintenance is a no-no for you too"... damn, now I know why. Your right, it's all a matter of that behavior and what we use to feed the emotions. For us anything mind altering is not a good thing.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Yep! After switching brands for the last twenty years or so, I finally made up my mind!
Thanks dottie.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Dot

Cunning, Baffling, Powerful..... looks like your old stinking thinking snuck up on you, huh? Maybe your thoughts of wanting a 12-pk was just a reminder for you - and it's great that you were able to recognize it.

Look forward to getting to know you and the others here at the board!

Happy 24 hours!

CLR