Notices

I did it again, day 2 of opiate withdrawal.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Exclamation I did it again, day 2 of opiate withdrawal.

Evening all, what a start of the weekend I have- after taking too many opiates once again I'm in the withdrawal form and am not getting my prescription until like the 27th... as obvious I'm an opiate user, I'm more afraid this time though about it and ... as obvious also I'm sure there are plenty who have held their tongue at what they really want to say to me about my problems- well do know that I have been off alcohol for almost 6 whole months- even with my withdrawal... as bad yesterday was, and still is, I refuse to take a drink to slightly help the physical/mental feelings of anguish.

I know it sounds stupid but I'm just venting how bad it is right now... uh ... I just hope my withdrawal isn't my permanent sobriety, that's what I'm afraid of the most.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's not permanent Paulos, but I know or at least have heard plenty of vents from opiate users coming of their doc, and I know it's painful. Good luck, and I'm proud of you for not drinking, even during this rough spot.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

yeah it's uh, quite difficult *not the drinking part* I mean going through the withdrawal... urgh.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sending some healing thoughts your way (((((Paulos)))))).

Remember please to drink plenty of liquids, water, gatorade, fruit juices, because you can dehydrate in withdrawal from opiates just as one can from alcohol!

Keep posting my friend, we do understand.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I kicked heroin many times this past year and it was horrible. I know at times it feels like it will never end, but you also know it does end. Congrats on staying away from booze. Keep the faith!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Stick at it, Paulos. I know you haven't drank in a long time, that's great. Now it's time to apply the same principles you did with the how and WHY you quit drinking to the opiates. That's if you want to stop them. You DO want to stop them, right?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Are you being supervised by a doctor? I have had TERRIBLE withdrawals coming down off sleeping tablets and tranquilizers, and then relapsing on alcohol to stop the withdrawals. So in more recent times I discussed it with my doctor to set up a planned reduction. That worked very well - I was kept comfortable, and barely noticed the reduction, and no withdrawals. It can be done.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Paulos, are u being honest with your Dr's? I find it hard to believe knowing your past history that a Dr. would prescribe narcotics for you.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
I just hope my withdrawal isn't my permanent sobriety, that's what I'm afraid of the most.
Mine was when I quit drinking until I committed to AA.

The thing that gets me doing what I should be doing is pain. How much is my choice today.

All the best.

Bob R