Notices

Feeling sick right now

Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling sick right now

I did something so stupid. I meant to go back to work next week 16th of Jan, to what I do not know so I texted HR and my boss to organise a chat or face to face he rather preferred the chat to discuss next steps then but not unit next Monday.........this whole thing has me worried, like there is no security, so I replied Ok via SMS but then I was stupid enough to follow it up with a text to say as long as I still have a job........my anxiety took over..........

Not sure if I should leave it at that and wait until Monday or try callign my HR manager for some reassurance.......I dont know........
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

did something happen at your job?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I suppose that if I was feeling anxious about whether I was still employed, or not....a good idea might be to get in touch with my boss and try something clever like...

"Hey, I'm feeling anxious about whether I am still employed, or not."

That whole rigorous honesty thing works for me more times than not.
I wouldn't think that your asking for an answer to such an important question would cause some employer to think less of you.
Speaking only for myself, if an employer expected me to wait a week to answer a question that affected my livelihood I probably wouldn't want to work for them anyway. Of course, I don't know your situation.

All the best.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ya I completely agree with Bruce. You need to put YOURSELF at ease, and if it means asking your employer about your job security ( which seems something employees do once in a while) then do it.

HOWEVER I would suggest you be a little tactful in HOW you ask that question. You dont want your boss feeling like there are no boundaries between him/her and his/her employees. Try and figure out a way to ask without being too direct,

The bottom line is, if your boss has any plans of letting you go, he/she can easily IGNORE any sms or direct questiong. " hey boss, is my job secure.? "....." How about you come in on Monday and we can talk about it" etc....

The real question is> Is drinking gonna help you see the situation more clearly?....It's never helped me any thats for sure.

Good Luck.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What happened nearly three months ago is that I was not coping with work and my abusive toxic relationship breakdown. I told my boss at the time what was going on and that it could turn quite ugly, but I kept on working and refused to take time off cause it meant having to go home to my now ex. A lot of changes where also happening at work, so my boss was under a lot of stress at the time, in any case my personal life interfeerred quite badly with my work performance plus I was abusing xanax towards the end just to function or I thought I was functioning, I lost a lot of weight, I broke down infront of HR which did not help my case.......In any case I was neither at work nor at home mentally or anything....I was heading towards a nervous breakdown. So one day my boss and HR pulled me aside and gave me two options either take on a role with less repsonsibility until my sistuation at home and my little ones was more stable or take 3 months leave (I had three months paid leave) in order to bring someone in to take on a secondment role meant a minimum of 3 months. A rational person I guess would have said great....A person like me totally lost the plot afterwards and I called in sick xanaxed myself out went to rehab and accepted the proposed three months leave.......... A lot before that was a bit wishy washy both my both and HR were talking a lot around the bush which made me feel uncomfortable, Still now I have no clue where I stand, so I have to wait until Monday for a phonecall because I does not want to do face to face to discuss the next steps???? So I am not sure if I should call HR today and say look I rather know before the weekend what kind of steps we are talking about and not run into any surprises since I also have two little ones who attend childcare right at work for the companies employees last thing I want to do is to take them out.

I just find it strange that my boss has not worked it out in his head yet as to what is what and why does he prefer to have a phone conversation instead of a face to face? It does not sound right to me,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would call HR and just say you are slightly unsure of the position. Are you expected to go in to work on Monday-what time,who to go see? Say you would rather go in than do it over the phone. your boss may be limited in what he can say as HR may be dealing with it all (depends on how large the organisation is) I would avoid text as not best way of communication as things can be misconstrued. I hope it works out for you
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I meant to start back on the 16th or 17th of Jan next week which is a Wednesday or a Thursday..........my boss was flat out yesterday and tody is on leave. I guess I will leave it until Monday leave it up to GOD and my Angels, whatever is meant to be will be,,,,it is exhausting this worrying and not getting anywhere....

Thanks for all of your input.

Andrea