Notices

OIY!!!!!! Work...

Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OIY!!!!!! Work...

Seriously, I do think per-menopause is part of my problem (sorry guys), but part of the month I CANNOT STAND myself!! I did notice it a couple of years ago, and I got with "all of my doctors" and we were all satisfied with where I was, but now I am thinking, "I think I need to be on an anti-depressant", which I have noted while reading, it is encouraged at this time.

I'm going to post this in the Women's Room also....

But people of SR, I have not liked me, I have been angry over little things, and I have done it all including working out, but even when it comes to "hitting the gym", it's like that's just one more thing to add to my very exhausting list.... I work full time, and a student (sorry if I've been redundant)

Insight, as usual, is always invited, but at the same time, know that this is a vent as well. Work has kicked my ass the last two days, and I'm exhausted. Hmmph!!!

Talk to all of you all soon, and thanks in advance.

VB
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

VB, I feel your pain. I always assumed my night sweats were from my 3 glasses of wine a night. Imagine my surprise when I stopped drinking but the nightsweats kept going. I don't have any risk factors so my doctor put me on a low dose of hormones to help stabilize me during this peri-time. Talking with your doc every few months probably isn't a bad idea. They can suggest a treatment you are comfortable with.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I had night sweats for 6 months after quitting.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry should have added continuing night sweats, which led to a fsh test which led to confirmation of peri. Obviously night sweats alone are just a one symptom and night good enough for a diagnosis. Anyways, I feel your pain.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't say I know how you feel with the peri-menopause stuff, VB, but do see your Dr if you think you need anti-ds.

There's no shame in it, and drugs just ain't drugs.

I take drugs now to enrich my life, not to diminish it like I used to.

I'm getting better, not high
D
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Micro, Sugar and Dee... I'm working on all of that. Can I tell you, I am still working on finding a therapist for 1 on 1's??? That has been a task, but I know I'm going to find one.

Dee, you know, from what all I have read about "women's" issues, is that they are put on some kind of anti-depressant. I have so much catching up to do to even explain, but getting older, hitting my 40's has been physically, mentally and emotionally life changing. I guess this is me just trying to get a grip. I'm getting there, and that's the most important part.

So many times when I post things like this it reminds me of Doree in "Finding Nemo" when she keeps singing, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." That's me. Just keep swimming... :P