Notices

First Test

Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Test

This past weekend a friend had a birthday party. Originally we were supposed to be going out dancing but instead we ended up in a hotel room where everyone started drinking. I found it to be very difficult at first, and I eventually left. Someone at the party mentioned my lack of drink and offered to share their liquor, and part of me was tempted. I have found that I don't enjoy some of my friends as much when they are intoxicated and I am not. It was a hard realization to come to and made me feel very much alone.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Well good for you for not giving in. That is big and can be a very hard thing to do. And good for you for leaving. I have gone to places where some are drinking and I feel safe at some and not at others. I don't have a problem leaving if I don't feel comfortable.

You are going in another direction from your friends and sometimes we have to lose the ones that aren't supportive. Do they know you have a problem and aren't drinking anymore?

And you are not alone, lots of people feel this way when it comes to their friends.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yea i see that was a test. and you did not drink. i had one last month going to a party to see the manny pac/marquez boxing match. every one was drinking. but i did not drink. it felt good as i walked away. i had a since of pride. so contragulations.