Notices

New day, everyday (log)

Old 04-22-2004, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Re: New day, everyday (log)

Man you sound just like me. Every day except 1 in the passed two years I was drunk. I would too start not too long after I come home from work and finish at 1am or so. I was to the point where I needed more then just beer, so I would mix coke and vodka. I would kill a large bottle of Vodka in about 3-4 days. Every morning I would drag my ass out of bed feeling like crap and just wanting to stay in bed all day until it was time to drink some more. Nobody knew how bad I was either, until I told my girlfriend. I was so exhausted all the time, my stomach usually got upset after I ate something, I was starting to become anti social, and not perfroming as well in bed as I should. I just got tired of being sick and tired all the time so I said to hell with this.
I just quit drinking six days ago and I can feel the changes already. My energy has skyrocketed , even after the 1st day. Its not easy, you will have urges, but you just got to tell yourself your better off without it. If that doesnt work then go to AA and be amungst people that you can relate to and share stories with. I would share mine, but my last 2 years have been a complete blur. I hope you did go to bed sober tonight, you will feel much better tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Three days and counting. I rented a movie last night and I remember how it ended! I feel really good today, clear. However, the "voices" of addiction are getting desperate and creative. I guess everybody has the "c'mon, it's been three days, you deserve a drink, you've earned it!" thoughts. It sounds so reasonable, I almost want to believe it. What's one drink? Of course, I have to remind myself that I don't want just one drink. I'm feeling confident about the weekend. I'm going beat this.

All of your stories and congratulations are very helpful. Thank you.

It's great to hear from other musicians. Although I've never played professionally, I've been at it for about 16 years (half my life). I'm really looking forward to using the "found" time to practice more diligently. I hope to finish writing some of the songs I drunkenly scribbled the first verses of, if I can find them... and they make any sense. I don't doubt many new insights are waiting to reveal themselves to me that will make for good song material. Music soothes the savage beast, right?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY KEVYN,YOUR DOIN GOOD.I CAN RELATE,C'MON ONE WILL BE ALRIGHT,I GAVE IN TO THAT THOUGHT MORE THAN I CAN REMEMBER.THE SAVAGE BEAST,ONE OF MY ALLTIME FAVORITES,BUGS BUNNY TRYING TO CALM DOW THE TAZMANIAN DEVIL WITH MUSIC.A CLASSIC.YOU GOTTA LOVE THOSE LOONEY TUNES.STAY STRONG KEVYN ted :band KEEP ON ROCKIN,ROCKIN ME BABY.....STEVE MILLER