Notices

Withdrawl - hands shaking and electricity and..

Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawl - hands shaking and electricity and..

Hi guys,

I'm a having issue and I need informations. Here what I experience in withdrawl syndrome and I need to know if it's really alcool withdrawl, or if you prefer is this happen to other ppl.

I'm a heavy drinker at night only. I might have 6-7 8% beer a night, every night. I don't drink during the day but that has last since a year now.

Since a couple of month, Iv start experiencing hands shakes. A first pretty small, but now it'S ridiculous. Also, which is important for me to know is this - is the following symptoms ever happen to you?

Hands shakes, forearms pain and sensation of muscle always working and pain in olding simple things like sqeezing a gamer controller for a small time, hurt. Alors, if I holds my arms in the air, or for example im laying on my bed and holding my cell photo to read the news my hands and forearmes become numb like blood stop circulating. Also, in my finger tip, electricity spark sensation, very intense.

I know I have to stop drinking, I will but I have to know if this something common or uncommon but "normal" for alcohol withdrawl.

Thank you!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

at night only....

that's when most of us drank.

Please see a doctor!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I'd see a doc. Only way to really know for sure if something is really going on. They're generally the only ones that can help, either.

Wish you luck!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will, it's on my plan but by experience, I need to know if what I have is normal withdrawl or commons.. Bc it's freak me out. The muscul strain and electricity sparks. I have hard time writings sometimes.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The shakes for sure, how old are you? 6-7 beers doesn't sound like a lot, but it is when it's every day. That's how I started, and it got worse from there. Your body is reacting to the effects of alcohol, and by the way, that stuff is poison, and if you get bad enough, it alone, WILL KILL YOU!!! I've seen it happen to one of my best friends who went from the hospital yellow with jaundice and then into hospice to die. Our neighbor who had a known alcohol problem just died a few months ago. The family friends and neighbors said she had piles of empty bottles all over the house, she drank herself to death.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi horseguy - welcome

The thing is none of us are doctors - and we can't give medical advice here.

Anyway, even if someone says - yeah that happened to me too - there's no guarantee it's happening to you for the same reason, y'know?

See a Doc - put your mind at rest

If you want to quit drinking, this is a good place to be

D
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sie

Dee said it... go and see a doctor.

I had all kinds of things happen to me. Shakes, pains, irrationality, fear, you name it! And I'm pretty sure you will get the same response from most here.

Its complicated and if you are quitting then the doctor has to be your first port of call.

There are some posts on other sections on this forum that explain in a little more detail symptoms etc., look them up.

Hang in there, but see a doctor when you can.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I got the shakes really bad. Took years to go away (though possibly could have been from all the acid I did in the 90's).

The numbness and tingling sounds like circulation problems and may or may not be unrelated. I'd see a doctor.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

True, if you want to get sober, completely, to detox, you should really go to a detox center or hospital. If you have insurance, it will usually cover the detox. When ever you decide you want help, PM me, I work in a treatment center, wonderful program and we work with anyone and everyone, even financially. We are an amazing group.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

I had electrical shock type feelings that would go down my neck through my arms and legs and out my limbs. happened for some time after i quit too. hasnt happened in a while now thankfully. it was happening while i drank too at the end of my escapade.

In my case drinking had something to do with it. I had a nice long list of ailments that i'd wonder if they where drinking related or not. Sure enough I dont have those problems anymore since i quit drinking.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

me too had the electric sparks thing , numbness , circulation issues in my arms and shoulders , it has gone pretty much away now , 10 days no alcohol, but dont use me as a example , i wouldve gone to the doctor if i wasnt deathly scared of doctors/needles,blood ..its a phobia of mine. go get checked out
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had the electrical shocks too. I called them brain zaps. They started while I was still drinking and went away about a week after I stopped. They drove me nuts! I don't miss those AT ALL.