Notices

Day 8 - spacey feelings

Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 - spacey feelings

I am sure this is "normal" in so far as anything can be normal haha! It's not endangering my health or anything, so I'm not worried, but I thought explaining it here might help alleviate the feelings.

I'm feeling really odd at the moment. I'm not craving but am getting the other physical side effects of craving (slow breathing, top lip 'tingles', really rambling/quick/repetitive thoughts, fidgety) and emotionally I feel "all over the shop" as they say. Like I'm happy, then tired, then sad, then feeling overwhelmingly affectionate and grateful, then want to cry, then feeling nostalgic.

I know there's nothing to do but put up with it, it's not quite like a panic attack, just a really odd feeling. I'm not sure what I hope to achieve in posting this, except that it gets it out of my head.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're at all not feeling right, or are concerned, I do recommend a Dr - sure it's likely to be nothing serious, but you can set your mind to rest Alice

D
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was really jittery and emotionally all over the shop for a while Alice. Roll with it but do not let it make you drink! Have you got a doctor or counsellor who you can check in with to see how you're getting on? I found writing a journal about how I was feeling helped early on too, if nothing else it was evidence of improvements when I thought I still felt rubbish x
Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, don't worry it's nothing medically wrong, I'm not concerned in that way. More just "jittery", as hypo accurately put it! I've got a drs session in a week or two I think, and I've got a great GP I can go to if things get hairy, but I'm not at all concerned phyiscally (or mentall) about my health so it's all good. Just moody!

I had a shower to chill out. It's funny, the term "getting clean" has a whole new meaning - I have never had so many showers in one week!

I'm OK, it's like that feeling you get when you're over tired. No drinking for me tonight, just soda water with a mint leaf in it for the flavour.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It gets better...just not as fast as we'd like
For instance:
I went outside to get a little firewood and got distracted by the jeep so I thought I'd check the oil...opened the door and saw some coffee mugs that needed to go inside...took them in and remembered the wife asked me to load the dishwasher...started that and thought I'd have a cigarette before I finished.
Still no firewood

And where did I put my reading glasses?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Totally normal stuff, Alice. But if you want to rule anything else out, certainly get checked out.

Emotions are all over the place at first - it's like our minds and bodies are trying to readjust to the lack of alcohol. I just had to eventually let go and try not to hang on to those emotions as they flipped and flitted about. Looking back now it was quite a ride!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

i had same exact problems. eventually i stabalized and things got better. But yea emotions all over blood pressure all over spacey dizzy tired energetic the next second. Forget ful thoughts all over.

Kicker was after i went through that i was flooded my mind worked at warp speed sorting out emotions and thoughts was like the floodgates had opened. It was good and bad and sort of overwhelming. but it gets better.