Notices

I am ready to start the adventure to sobriety

Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am ready to start the adventure to sobriety

I am 54 and I have been drinking since I was a wild man at 16 in Paris. Nothing too crazy and almost never before I am off from work but I drink at least the equivalent of 6 beers per day and I think it's time to quit. I anticipate beiing uncomfortable for a bit and I intend to ride it out. I don't think my level of consumption puts me in the danger zone. If things change and I start to halucinate or have other medical issues I will get medical treatment. I have the resources so that is not an issue. I think this will be fun. I have done many high risk activities such as sky diving, solo piloting, Iron Man triathlon and adopting a child so I am looking on this challenge of sobriety as a mental game that I must win. This is not the first time I have posted here but I feel I am at my strongest. I hope I will be allowed to post updates to this thread about my journey. I promise to be honest and if in 30 days I have not suceeded, I will look for an in patient program. I want to quit and I want to show other how I do or do not do it. I promise to be honest and I promise that if by 2.1.13 I am not in control I will check into a rehab facility and write about that. Day 1 starts 12.31.12. I may have a few to take the edge off. No more but I will be honest and I hope my friends here will slap me down if I go off the rails.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome! Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Great stuff keep posting
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Too.tall - good to see you again

Intent is awesome - follow it through with a considered course of action and you can really make 2013 your year

D
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is it. I just finished a short stint in chat, kind of like confession, and I am ready to rock and roll. Stay tuned. And the cool thing, I don't have to tell anyone the depths of my struggle. Just and the people who care to read thisl
Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

go for other too.tall and stay away from the beer!