Notices

Just checking in

Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hello to all~

My computer has not been treating me well so I have not been online much.

Anyhow, on a happier note, I am fine and STILL sober. Can you believe this? I am extremely proud of myself. However, it is weird because I do not have the thought process anymore that I will never drink again. I just keep thinking that I will not drink today and I don't. I am unsure if this is a good and normal thing or not. I have not dated or slipped up with the drinking since that one time in July. I have thought about it once or twice but really just the thought of doing it after getting this far seems like too much work. Why even bother, right? All as it did was brought me major guilt and depression the next day last July. Then I was having anxiety attacks from worrying about my liver and if that night had done even further damage.

The edema in my legs is practically gone completely away. I am still taking my water pills and not eating great. I still have the ice cream cravings but not like I was and I have been lifting weights, working, sleeping and watching TV. Yes! that is it. LOL.. I am still not comfortable yet as far as being in social settings. I think I am just going to have to force myself. It has been nine months now. That should be enough time to want to finally get out but for some reason it doesn't feel like it. I don't know about that part.

Anyhow, I will not be drinking this new years eve. Just staying in and being cozy next to the fire. I hope that you all have a happy, healthy and safe new year. I wish everyone the best of luck. You all have no idea what wonderful things that you have done for me just by being here and thank ALL of you for this. Here is to a great and even better new year!

Hugs to all!

Pam
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you pam well done on staying sober...I plan on hitting the gym myself in the new year!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Congratulations to you, Pam. Well done.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boxguy View Post
Great to hear from you pam well done on staying sober...I plan on hitting the gym myself in the new year!
I have not joined a gym yet but I need to and had the same plan for the new year. The weight lifting works but it does not target a lot areas. There is only so many full body work outs that you can come up with at home. After about two weeks you need to change it up a bit or your body quits responding because it gets used to them. It is a lot of work just planning the dang work outs. LOL..Now if I could just cut out the sweets too.

Good luck to you...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sweets are allowed, we all need a little sweetness sometimes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jra

Thanks for your post. I hope I can stay as strong as you have.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pam,
Congrats on your continued sobriety, ...and healthy progressive plans for 2013 !

This talk was posted the other day here (alcoholism section) in the OP about sugar sensitivity.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

Interesting, although I have a tough time understanding some; ....uh , any, of the "science" details.

After reading Sugar Blues ( Dufty) ....was able to kick the habit 2 years. Till a few weeks ago anyway.

For some reason, some Christmas cookies seemed to open the floodgates !?!

Anyway, this video (hopefully) will help me, to get back on track for 2013.

Please forgive me , if this sounds anything like unsolicited "advise".

.....cause I sure don't mean it that way !?!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Congrats on your progress. Hope you continue to grow and feel even better in the future.

All the best.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's inspiring to hear of your progress!
(Check out the yonanas machine if you crave ice cream, its a great alternative with fresh fruit).
Now you are inspiring me to get back on track with the gym too.