Notices

Back again

Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Hello everyone. I'm back, Day One, Christmas has ruined me. Way too much booze, stomach is fooked, blood in stools, usual stuff I'm afraid.

Life wise things have never been better, girlfriend of five months and the happiest I've ever been but still my relationship with alcohol hangs over me like a gun to my head.

Aim is to knock in on the head, was going to wait Til New Year but I feel so ill today I've no choice but to start today, I WANT to start today.

Hopefully you guys can help me finally rid myself of booze, please use my blog as often as you like, if you read back you'll see a familiar story repeating itself over and over. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back
so what changes are you planning to make this time round, bluebird?

D
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back
so what changes are you planning to make this time round, bluebird?

D
Cheers Dee.
Not consuming alcohol will be the main difference ha ha. In all seriousness, keeping myself away from temptation until I feel confident I can resist it, regular visits to this site and I've downloaded a recovery app which I'm going to use. Meetings aren't for me in all honesty but I need to run some sort of programme even if it doesn't involve actual human contact, if that makes any sense ha ha.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't promote any particular method, except for SR perhaps...

but I think it's vital we make some changes - otherwise it's that old thing of if we don't learn from the past, we're doomed to repeat it...

I hope you can make time be your time bluebird

D
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bluebird-I remember you. Think we originally joined SR at about the same time.

Sorry to hear you are still in the grip. And a good move to start on this straight away too, what's the point of waiting?

Giving up on willpower alone seems to have beaten you. If you don't like meetings, how about checking out the Secular forum for ideas? Join the class of December too. Whatever it takes....

Good to have you back x
Old 12-29-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello bluebird, I just joined today so i'm starting day one like you. I noticed you mentioned a recovery app? Does it seem useful?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow Jeni you are doing very well, many congratulations, I am very jealous and hope to be where you are one day
Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Mabli.
If I can do it anyone can! Stay close to SR, do lots of reading, lots of posting, take one day at a time and reach out when you need to.
I haven't found it easy, especially not in the beginning, but my life is changing so much and I just cannot believe the difference being sober is making to me and to those around me.
Why not join the Class of December too?
I post all the time in the May thread, those guys have become my recovery family and we help each other along.

Best wishes to you x
Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Bluebird-I remember you. Think we originally joined SR at about the same time.

Sorry to hear you are still in the grip. And a good move to start on this straight away too, what's the point of waiting?

Giving up on willpower alone seems to have beaten you. If you don't like meetings, how about checking out the Secular forum for ideas? Join the class of December too. Whatever it takes....

Good to have you back x
Thanks Jeni, appreciate your kind words. I'm going to try everything this time involving joining the December class. Thank you
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mabli View Post
Hello bluebird, I just joined today so i'm starting day one like you. I noticed you mentioned a recovery app? Does it seem useful?
Good luck Mabli, yeah it's called recovery app, ha ha. Readings, twelve steps, prayers, inspiration. Good read. All the best with it!