Notices

chaos

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

chaos

Alcoholism makes life seem so chaotic, even when things should be going well. I reached my final bottom lately when I realized that alcohol was taking EVERYTHING away from me: my relationships, my health, my hope for the future, my physical appearance, and my personality. my life truly felt unmanageable. i am now on day 2 but i know i cannot drink again. it is just not an option.

thanks for reading.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coconut,

I'm glad you posted here. It's great that you reached out and talked about your unmanageability with life. You sound like you have come to terms that alcohol can no longer be the answer for you. Have you looked into checking out an AA meeting? Hang in there. I know those first few days are full of despair and hopelessness. Tell the people in AA you are new and they will be happy to help you out.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Hey there. So you've decided drinking isn't for you. For me as well. Bad things happen when I drink, and when I wasn't drinking I was miserable and constantly thinking about the next time I could drink. I then realized that this was a beast I wouldn't be able to tackle on y own. No amount of self-knowledge through "research" was enough to keep me sober.

What are your plans for continuing sobriety. Action is key. For me, I had to put some work in. Things weren't magically going to get better on their own.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by Coconut61 View Post
Alcoholism makes life seem so chaotic, even when things should be going well. I reached my final bottom lately when I realized that alcohol was taking EVERYTHING away from me: my relationships, my health, my hope for the future, my physical appearance, and my personality. my life truly felt unmanageable. i am now on day 2 but i know i cannot drink again. it is just not an option.

thanks for reading.
That's what it does brother.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're spot on Coconut.
Never forget this and you're streets ahead already

Welcome back

D
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Coco - You got the amunition for a great start!

Keep going and all that you mentioned above starts turning right around in the opposite direction...the GOOD..SOBER direction. It will keep getting better!

With alcohol still in the picture it will only get worse.

Keep it up!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Coco. Took me a long time to realise what you have. Well done for making the decision to stop.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

thanks for reading.
It will take everything from you, give it time, then your life. Got some news yesterday that yet another friend had died. He was a heavy boozer. When I sit back and think, everyone that I know who drank heavy has died early. Wake up call or what! The whole existence and scene surrounding drink is the glamour, partying, etc. It is not. When you see it for what it really is, there is no fun or glamour in it at all. Take care x
Old 12-29-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

coconut
i felt the same way as you did. i am on day 23 and feel great. you will get alot back, and some things you did not realize you lost. congratulations
Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

thanks for reading.
It seems chaotic because it is chaotic. The energy put into it, the lies, the lies to cover up the lies, the recouping, the harms, the hurts, etc. it lays wreckage to us and those in our lives. Glad you are seeing this - some go to the gates of insanity or death without realizing this.

It's what my sponsor first said to me "Alcohol is no longer an option. Period. End of sentence".
Old 12-29-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi coconut. I think that's the key. Knowing its over. It isn't always easy, but it is worth doing whatever it takes to live sober. Once I realized I was going to die from alcohol if I did not stop was when I finally started recovering.