Notices

Sober Christmas

Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Sober Christmas

This will be my second sober Christmas and I couldn't be any more grateful. As I sat down with the hubby to watch some TV I cracked open my diet Sprite, and as I did so I had a flashback to Christmases and other holidays past.

Instead of a Sprite, I would have cracked open a diet Coke with lime, poured out half of it, and filled it back up with Captain Morgan 100. I would be seriously buzzed by 7pm and asleep by 9. I'd be hung over on Christmas morning and being angry with myself for doing it yet again. The insanity had not occurred to me yet and so I did this for so many nights, some of which should have been reserved for celebrating and being joyous with friends and family- not isolating so I could drink and not be criticized.

No matter how many Christmases I have yet to come, every one that I pass sober will bring these thoughts and the gratitude that comes with them.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas sunrise!

D
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's wonderful Sunrise. This is my first Christmas bit I look forward to many more and wish you the same.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Any time that I can be with family and not be drunk/ hungover / craving / obsessing, it's a great time, and it's always a great time since becoming sober. Nothing can replace it

Merry Christmas