Notices

Drama prevention = stronger state of mind

Old 12-22-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drama prevention = stronger state of mind

When drama sweeps through my life my brain goes into a wirlwind. Instead of plogging along to a routine I am sorting out carnage left behind by the drama. Its taking one step forward two steps back. Goals are pushed to the side to sit a stagnate. The individuals that create drama need to be identified then time spent with them decreased. Once the cloud of drama lifts and I settle back into a routine I need to protect it against drama or I will continue to take one step forward and two steps back.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said! Drama is a very big problem for me and using alcohol. Problem with my drama is it lives here with me, and is almost a daily issue. But I agree,the less drama the better off I am. I wish I could avoid it,but because of my situation, I have to work through it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Part of my program of recovery is tolerance of others. It can be very tough. I'm certainly not perfect at it, but I think I might be improving a little. Realizing that the people that seem dead set on destroying any serenity that I might have, may actually be acting better than I used to, seems to help. The only thing that I can change is my response and reactions.

All the best.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't do well in drama, personal drama: rumors, relationships, interpersonal stuff I can relate to the routine thing. Now, catastrophes and natural disasters- I'm all over that