Notices

Almost a month sober

Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a month sober

Stopped drinking, drugs about a month ago so far so good. There are days when I think about it and alot of dreams about drinking/drugs. I feel better overall though. I'm starting to lose fat and am back into a high intensity almost daily exercise program. I am sleeping better and worrying about pointless things less. I am pretty irritable though which is something I definately need to work on. Anyways best of luck to others who are staying sober as well. It is a better life.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done mate..you are doing fabulous!
Keep going, do not give in.
Give it all you have got!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice!

Be sure to cut yourself some slack on those "dry drunk" days.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Congrats Jeff!

That feeling of irritability doesn't just disappear, unfortunately...for me, AA was vital for me in finding a way of living that would relieve me not only of the obsession to drink, but in changing my perception and outlook on life. But I certainly did ride a bit of an emotional rollercoaster in the first few months, so don't be surprised if one moment you want to hug everyone, then the next moment wanting to strangle them

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jeff

D
Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Jeff! I'm almost at 30 days, too. I've also found my life is already getting simpler; I just don't have all this "other" stuff to worry about anymore. A couple of people have told me I look good these days, too.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Congratulations!!! Many times those early successes are the hardest to make happen... Keep it up and keep coming back.

Sent from my iPad using SoberRecovery
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I have always struggled with impatience and irritability though I need to do some reading on those topics to learn why and how to fix them.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jeff84 View Post
Stopped drinking, drugs about a month ago so far so good. There are days when I think about it and alot of dreams about drinking/drugs. I feel better overall though. I'm starting to lose fat and am back into a high intensity almost daily exercise program. I am sleeping better and worrying about pointless things less. I am pretty irritable though which is something I definately need to work on. Anyways best of luck to others who are staying sober as well. It is a better life.
AWESOME! GOOD JOB! I will have my 30 days on Saturday and it's tough! I never thought a month could be so brutal and go by so slow but so fast at the same time!

I need to get back in the gym but I feel so consumed with other things in my recovery that I have already taken time away from my family and I don't want to take any more away. I need to work on that

Very proud of your one month! Keep it up!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done! I'm so pleased that you're already seeing and feeling the change. Keep at it!