Notices

Made it through Deer Season

Old 12-16-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through Deer Season

I did it. I made it through deer season and didnt drink or have the urge to drink. For me that is huge!!! Had a blast deer hunting, made some nice shots with my handgun. Never did see the big one. One thing I did every night was make sure I read sober recovery before bed.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats dude! How long has it been for you? Im thinking about starting day one for me. I'm a night drinker, that doesnt stop untill its zZzZz. Can you give me some advice for tonight?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats. Deer camps can be tough! I remember some of those early mornings in the stand though wondering if I was going to get sick. Couldn't though! The scent would be a sure give away! LOL
Glad you had fun. I think we get stronger as we pass each of these "tests".
Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL.... Deer hunting with a handgun, that is... Well, Redneck alright!!

just poking' fun...

Yea, Deer Camp in my neck of the woods is often more about the drinkin' than the huntin'... And I was just out of treatment when deer opened for rifle and I took a pass my first year.... Now .... I do just fine in camp, turns out it's actually a lot more fun not climbing into your stand hungover but excited to watch the day come alive... My son did good this year... I usually never take a shot, I'm there to be a part of the whole experience, and if I can come out of the woods safely with a good story to tell I am more than satisfied... Fishing camp last spring was awesome sober too.

It's better, huh? Sober...
Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My last drink was april 26th 2012. I did have a good time as my son shot his first buck then he shot a second one the next drive.

As far as not drinking tonight. Pour everything out in the house read a book or watch tv in bed in your jammies in bed. Stay warm and comfortable so you dont have to worry about anything.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting through Deer Season sober!

I can't wait til Late Season Archery starts the day after Christmas myself!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Colts!

This thread just cheered me up, thanks redneck! And lol at the handgun/redneck joke, that what i was thinking too :P

Annnd BoxinRotz, if you switch your name its RotinBoxz which is another laugh to me.

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

l hope some deer made it through as well.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't worry Penny, plenty of deer made it through. I missed a lot.

I made it through Christmas sober too. That was normally a good two or three day bender for me. I had to relearn Christmas sober. That was a challenge.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hmmm never hunted with a handgun My husband and I both hunt. He's gotten quite a few this year. I saw quite a few but we didn't need anymore meat so I didn't shoot any this time around.

Good for you being sober since April. I'm sitting on Day 6 here! Congrats!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redneckrecovery View Post
I did it. I made it through deer season and didnt drink or have the urge to drink. For me that is huge!!! Had a blast deer hunting, made some nice shots with my handgun. Never did see the big one. One thing I did every night was make sure I read sober recovery before bed.
I was amazed the first time I went fishing sober and actually caught fish. Turns out when your not constantly throwing empties and pissing over the side of the boat you can actually catch fish!

I suspect hunting is the same way and that trophy buck probably can smell a PBR about 200 yards away.

I'm gonna do some hunting one of these years, but it's always such a busy time of year for me