Notices

Friends on SR!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friends on SR!

Hi all, I know my avatar... Not me...

Subjject: friends on SR. I have attached deeply to many of you. I cannot let go of you. One of my friend left for a while. I miss her like hell. I am sad and mad... Hulk is right... Anyone miss people here ? Fitz now is a good time..
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
There is one particular biker that has been on my mind. I hope that he is ok. Hate the darkness...
Old 12-15-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, of course! If I had CTR's phone number I would call him and ask him where the hell he has been.

I hope Fitz will check back in.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm hoping they are all at a meeting.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
High on Life

There's quite a few people that I miss on here and I wonder where they are. Like some of the people probably miss me at the meetings, but it doesn't mean they're all drinking. There just not here.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
No, it doesn't mean that they are drinking at all!! Not even close.
The person I was referring to was though...
Old 12-16-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When i last read Fitz, he was telling about some connectivity problems that were storm related, his internet was spotty for a few days.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

People come and go in recovery for
all sorts of reasons. I was asked not
to ask where someone was, so I keep
my sharing to recovery only and not
get emotionally attached to anyone.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

i don't think it always means that they are drinking. one time i was and one time i was just off doing other things (life). i think sometimes people want/need to come in here a lot and sometimes not so much.
that is one thing i liked about bars. i didn't owe anyone anything - i could come and go as i pleased. they were happy when i was there, but it wasn't like i was breaking some rule or hating on anybody when i wasn't. SR is a heck of a lot better than some crappy smoke filled bar though. and there are a good group of people here that i do like a lot too. so i know what you mean. i hope your friend comes back or gets in touch with you
also, just another thought ~ there is life after SR....? maybe they took what they needed to get to a better place and are doing ok and just don't need to keep focusing on the "not drinking/drugging". so coming here and being in conversations or continually reading about not using is a trigger or something not positive to them anymore.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
No, it doesn't mean that they are drinking at all!! Not even close.
The person I was referring to was though...
I'm sure he will make his way back....he was strong in his resolve to stay sober before, he will be strong once again......Just sayin....
Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think you're right...
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sometimes people just need a break for a while. I fall off the face of the earth for a month or two every now and then as well. I understand you miss her, and that's okay. But instead of getting mad I think it might be better to respect their decision.

I've got a good friend who's taking a hiatus right now, we discussed it and I understand their need to get away. Yes I miss this person, but if and when they come back I hope to pick back up on the mutual support again.

And if Fitz has decided on a taking a break I respect that too. But I like to think that he's still reading.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It really is amazing how this is like a virtual community. I do wonder or worry when I haven't seen someone in a while, kind if like I would if I hadn't heard from a neighbor or friend at home.

Tonight I just want to say thanks to all of you for your ongoing support. I still rely on this site daily, maybe someday I won't, but I really like to check in and say hi to everyone.