Notices

Worst withdrawal from alcohol

Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worst withdrawal from alcohol

Looked all over google and did not see this.

When I drink alot, I drink ALOT, but when I get a real bad hangover... it is like I can not control reality I can't lay down in bed because even when I try to go to sleep it is like I am falling through the bed it is like nothing I can do to control my brain.

This has happened once in a while when I drink massive amounts of alchol and try to dry up.

It is like I am so bad off I can't control my mind I try to sleep and have to get up because it is so bad I think I will lose my mind. It is very hard to describe... any other alcoholics every experience this? Restless, can't control your mind, vomiting... etc.

I just want to know if anyone else knows what I am talking about or if it is because I hit my head and am mental or something.

If even one person has had this I will be very thankful! Thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would kind of dream I am dreaming but I was "aware".
Or I would feel a presence in my bedroom with me but could not move to see what it was.
Very scary stuff, I know.

I survived it but if things get worst for you, doctor or ER time friend.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
I would kind of dream I am dreaming but I was "aware".
Or I would feel a presence in my bedroom with me but could not move to see what it was.
Very scary stuff, I know.

I survived it but if things get worst for you, doctor or ER time friend.
It is something like that, like you want to move but can't? You are stuck there? Hard to explain. Like I was so stuck I was afraid I was not breathing?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have!

That is the worst part about drinking for me. I feel so guilty and anxious I think I am going to jump out of my skin. Or die. I almost freaked out the last time I drank, and I didn't even drink that much.

I have the feelings stamped in my brain. I can't go through that again.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
I have!

That is the worst part about drinking for me. I feel so guilty and anxious I think I am going to jump out of my skin. Or die. I almost freaked out the last time I drank, and I didn't even drink that much.

I have the feelings stamped in my brain. I can't go through that again.
Awesome to hear this, the stupidest and dumbest part is even though it happened... 3 days later I drank again! Such a idiot lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anyone got AIM still? So I can chat?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LDT

I didn't ever experience falling through the bed. But many times my feet felt like they were going through the floor. That has not happened since I got sober.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is a chat room here. up in the right corner.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is very tempting to drink to try to make the feelings and thoughts stop. The ONLY thing that has helped me not drink is praying. I thought people were crazy, but I tried it and it works. I pray for the obsession to be removed among other things.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Oh yeah....

That happened to me I don't know how many times. So you're definitely not alone. Withdrawal can be nasty...and deadly. I have had panic attacks, the feeling of going mad, the feeling of having a heart attack (which I called 911 for and stayed in hospital a day), massive insomnia, the feeling of being asleep but dreaming of being awake, the feeling of being awake but daydreaming of being asleep, aural and visual hallucinations....had them all.

You don't mention if you are looking to stay stopped, but like TPM stated, if things get worse, you might want to seek medical advice. Detox can be serious stuff.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
There is a chat room here. up in the right corner.
Thanks bud I went in there, and will be back.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Is it possible that it is from your body not getting more alcohol? I ask because on days 1-3 of detoxing for me, I had those anxieties and delusions. I also thought there were other beings in the room, though I didn't see them. Although, my mind was pretty messed up at the end of my drinking career. Looking back, I know I probably needed to be in a hospital.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
Oh yeah....

That happened to me I don't know how many times. So you're definitely not alone. Withdrawal can be nasty...and deadly. I have had panic attacks, the feeling of going mad, the feeling of having a heart attack (which I called 911 for and stayed in hospital a day), massive insomnia, the feeling of being asleep but dreaming of being awake, the feeling of being awake but daydreaming of being asleep, aural and visual hallucinations....had them all.

You don't mention if you are looking to stay stopped, but like TPM stated, if things get worse, you might want to seek medical advice. Detox can be serious stuff.
The thing is I don't drink every day just every other day lol. I never had visual hallucinations but maybe it was when my eyes were closed and thought I was still awake!

How old are you I am 32 have you been drinking longer than I have? What about wetting the bed? I used to do that alot after taking massive amounts of shots from the bar. I think I am better now but I am older and the hangovers just get so much worse now.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kevah View Post
Is it possible that it is from your body not getting more alcohol? I ask because on days 1-3 of detoxing for me, I had those anxieties and delusions. I also thought there were other beings in the room, though I didn't see them. Although, my mind was pretty messed up at the end of my drinking career. Looking back, I know I probably needed to be in a hospital.
It is always the next night after drinking, it has only happened 3 times when I thought I was gonna go insane. I am not as bad as I used to be but drank a bunch of Red Stag (Jim Beam) and felt it was coming on again. Tried to lay down but the best thing I could do was play Borderlands 2 to keep my mind busy, it is funny that playing video games helped lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What do you guys do to keep entertained after not drinking for a few days? I work all night and can't wind myself down when I get home I feel jumpy and bored when i dont drink.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wetting the bed doesn't go away unless you stop drinking. Think about it: you are drinking massive amounts of liquid, and I don't know about you, but alcohol makes me have to pee like crazy. Then you are passed out cold with a full bladder.

Sucks to be an active alcoholic.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeteyPabloPedro View Post
What do you guys do to keep entertained after not drinking for a few days? I work all night and can't wind myself down when I get home I feel jumpy and bored when i dont drink.
I go to meetings, read, watch trash tv, exercise, cook, write in my journal. Play video games and words with friends.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had to find things to do outside of my home. I went to visit family, (in town) meetings, real friends, etc. I only was home long enough to sleep the first couple of months of sobriety. I couldn't stay in my house. It was too much of a draw of lonliness, guilt, shame, and memories. It was way too easy for me to just drink because no one would have known. No one knew I was going to AA, so I had no accountability (except from AA members 40 minutes away) When I was home and couldn't go out, I spent time on the aa chat website and lurked here. I had to really want to be sober, which I was, and worked hard to stay that way. And Red Stag and I are old lovers/enemies, btw. lol
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So glad I came here. Seriously.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you are here! Keep reading and posting. It does get better, if you work for it!